Raise the Prices and lower prices

Erika

Originally posted by timoteo

All I am saying in the end is that I would pay more to have a top top great Disney vacation once a year. I think many who post here would too. PS I do not have kids.

Or, how 'bout this, the kijillionaires at the top stop taking so much for themselves.

Trust me-- a higher admission price isn't going to do what you want it to do.

Erika

I will say it again. I am looking at the Lion King theater in New York right now from my office window. They are lining up for a two hour show for $80 dollars a seat. For these people, once a year or so Disney is so great that they are willing to pay and wait for weeks or months to get in.

$80 is one thing. But how many people going to WDW are paying for airfare and lodging? See, it's a lot more complicated. My husband and I go to shows downtown-- Les Miz, Phantom, etc-- and we can barely afford to do 1 a year with good seats. Usually we have to skip a year in between. Most people I know can't afford to just casually drop $80 per person to see a show. You are alienating a huge part of the population. A lot of people can barely get to WDW as it is.

SteveUK

I agree, I know a lot of people that simply cant afford to go to WDW. I earn a reasonable salary and it is a big effort for me to find the money. It is expensive enough, if it was any more expensive then people simply wouldn't go. You say you wouldn't mind paying more Tim, but you are forgetting that you are in the minority of people who have that choice.

TURKEY

Originally posted by SteveUK
Er yeah, good idea Juan, anybody got any more ideas on how we can make the waiting times even longer?
Are you suggesting pushing the parks attendance up by 1000 people leading to longer lines, bigger crowds, more litter and higher security cost for just $1000 more (less than 1%) Your 20% increase in crowds give an increase in profit of less than 1%.

When will people just accept that Disney have spent a lot of time and money thinking about these things and they know what they are doing?

The price of an adult ticket is $48 not $43.

Doing this is very difficult. There are too many variables (adults, youth, one day tickets, park hoppers, maingate, CM, tour groups).

You also have increased expenses with increased numbers.

In theory, a decrease in prices wouldn't help solve any problems that already exist. It would in theory make it worse.

timoteo

Original Poster
ok to sum up this thread. The current prices are already high but making it cheaper would not help the parks, making it more expensive would hurt attendance and alienate a large sector of potential guests. Everything is right with the Disney World.

I will never propose a higher price again.

The Mom

Premium Member
But we know the prices will keep going up, and the guests will keep on coming....or so it seems. ;) Whatever "too expensive" is, Disney hasn't reached it yet!! ;)

DanStat

Living in New York I am used to paying for two
$30 to $60 for dinner
$160 to $200for Broadway
$100 a day for a rental car
$275 for a Marriot room in Mystic CT
$45 / mo for basic cable TV.
If you commute from NJ to Manhattan that can be $400 / mo for two person train passes

Is that it?!?!?! :rolleyes:

angie9701

i say Timoteo you must not have much of a life if you have time to figure out what prices should be. And by the way guests visiting without children shouldn't be punished with higher ticket prices. Did you ever think that maybe they didn't choose to not have a family, and therefore go to Disney themselves.

Dwarful

OK heres a question...does anyone actually buy one day tickets??? I am a stay at home mom...quit my job at USPS (Thank the good Lord above for that priveledgeLOL)...we save up and go every two years..use Magic Kingdom Club....errr Disney Club..to buy 5 day passes...or annual passes if we will be there for a longer period..this is our first trip w/10days! But Universal (sorry) offered a 5 day multi pass for $99 adults, $89 kids. I know that those parks dont compare...except for our nephews and my husband who is into thrill rides it was worth the money even if they only go 2-3 days.

Jessica Rabbit

really BAD idea

Now thats a great idea...lower the prices and have my 2 hour wait for one ride turn into a three hour wait because now there are not only 5000 people here there are 10000. I don't know about you guys, but the waits are already out of control, even with Fast Pass you still have to wait for you time to ride. I don't know what the solution is, but neither of these suggestions are it.:hammer: :confused: :confused: :confused:

disneydudette

Originally posted by Erika

$80 is one thing. But how many people going to WDW are paying for airfare and lodging?

You took the words right out of my mouth!

It may be easy for a family of 2 or a couple.....but for a family of 4 or 5 WDW is out of the Vacation books for a long time.....

Once u factor in airfare and lodging for 5 poeple it can get extreamly coastly....not to mention that the kids are going to want to eat and get some knick-knacks here and there......I know families that can barely survive with morgaches (sp?) feeding 5 people and still having to deal with other things. Most of my friends haven't been to WDW since they were 3......

some of us forget the advantages of being few people in a family.....

going up in price isn't going to do much......like sum one said.....it only goes to the big people...and they soon forget about the little people!

Dwarful

Well, this will be our first trip w/kids that we have been able to fly...since we found nonstop tics for $90 per person total! Otherwise its a car ride there and back..so a two week vacation becomes one week at Disney..and four days on the road..two there and two back...always at all stars, always pack b'fast foods, snacks, tide to wash out clothes etc...kids splitting a meal etc....we scrimp on some things but we have loads of fun..its an every other year trip for us. Thats all we can affoard..two kids, one income ..but we love our life just the way it is..just wish we could do disney more...oh well sat. will be here soon and we will have 10 days~~I agree dont encourage more crowds...but bring back eride nights when they close at 7pm at the end of May!

jabay

Who let Michael Eisner put up this post? "Disney should charge more money", give me a break! Disney Corporation is a multi-billion dollar a year company, they are doing just fine and don't need to charge any more than they do now. I think spending $3K/ per couple for a week is enough thank you.

TiggerDaddy

How about lowering the resort prices to capture some of the off site revenue. Also if you lower theme park admissions, lower income families are more likely to spend an extra day or to. You jack-up the concession prices, which are high profit items. It's basic economics.

timoteo

Original Poster
raise prices, up market, greet and meet each guest, sell spectacular, think all inclusive, raise the product, sell middle to high end, make it worth the trip, Magic each and every time, distract em, Tap em, and hap' em and cut out the low end leave that for six flags and universal.
I am truly evil.

Dwarful

"cut out the low end and leave that for Universal" well from the offer Universal just emailed us I think they must be getting desperate for guests....$79 for an adult 5 day multipark ticket! Give me WDW any day of the week...although I must admit...the husband and the nephews (12 & 15) are hitting US...(sorry hate to admit it on this board!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom