Rumor Rainbow Corridor to be revived at the Odyssey? (Per site that shall not be named)

Inspired Figment

Great if confirmed true!! Glad atleast *some* elements of the original attraction are possibly being considered for a comeback. 👍🏻👍🏻 But what about the meet n greet Dreamfinder with Figment, the ImageWorks, and the Journey Into Imagination RIDE itself??
Really odd that they wouldn’t consider putting this into it’s original location, don’t ya think? To be fair however, I’m just grateful *some* aspects could possibly returning to the parks. Especially considering the current corporate leadership we’re dealing with here.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm sure it's going to be a smaller version similar to the one that was in Innoventions west where the former Segway experince was..
194i7r.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I wonder if it will be *A* rainbow tunnel instead of *THE* rainbow tunnel....in other words just making something that is similar, like they did with the portal for the Wreck it Ralph M&G, and so many people thought they re-used it anyway.

I don't care either way, just thinking it might be easier for them to just make part of a new one.

trainplane3

funny, the twitter post didn't even say "RUMOR" in front of it.
Because he's "seen it with his own eyes".

Let's face it, this is a simple piece of nostalgia they're tossing at us to think they're actually going to do something interesting with the Imagination pavilion. As much as I want it, I have doubts about a D+F based Imagination happening in the future.

Brer Panther

I'm still horrified by the idea of Figment getting kicked out of EPCOT again. How can Chapek claim nobody knows who he is when people are still buying Figment merchandise in the parks?

Honestly, between that rumor and the Country Bears rumor, this really is starting to feel like the Eisner/Pressler era all over again. I'm half-expecting rumors to start flying that they're gonna get rid of Disneyland's Mr. Toad...

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That would be awesome.
I just had to remind my dad of the rainbow tunnel the other day when we were talking about Figment.
I would also love to see the pin table. I can still remember the feeling on my hands.

Inspired Figment

I'm still horrified by the idea of Figment getting kicked out of EPCOT again. How can Chapek claim nobody knows who he is when people are still buying Figment merchandise in the parks?

Honestly, between that rumor and the Country Bears rumor, this really is starting to feel like the Eisner/Pressler era all over again. I'm half-expecting rumors to start flying that they're gonna get rid of Disneyland's Mr. Toad...
Indeed! My thoughts exactly..
This is *for sure* the Eisner/Pressler era all over again. Just risk-averse more to the extreme. It’s not just budgets being cut, it’s the financial risks put on original/creative works. They’re playing it WAY too safe.
Unfortunately the inner WDI politics & risk-averse corporate leadership are to blame for this whole mess. It’ll only change once leadership changes or they learn the hard way (yet again...).

Brer Panther

Indeed! My thoughts exactly..
This is *for sure* the Eisner/Pressler era all over again. Just risk-averse more to the extreme. It’s not just budgets being cut, it’s the financial risks put on original/creative works. They’re playing it WAY too safe.
Unfortunately the inner WDI politics & risk-averse corporate leadership are to blame for this whole mess. It’ll only change once leadership changes or they learn the hard way (yet again...).
We got Figment back when fans protested his removal, right? So all we have to do is get everyone attending the D23 Expo to wear shirts with Figment on them and hold up signs reading "SAVE FIGMENT".

Inspired Figment

We got Figment back when fans protested his removal, right? So all we have to do is get everyone attending the D23 Expo to wear shirts with Figment on them and hold up signs reading "SAVE FIGMENT".
*And the original spirit along with Dreamfinder* 😉😉 Gotta be specific this time around.
Shoehorning Figment into a bad Franchise-IP based ride yet again isn’t going to fix the problem. It’ll Just repeat it. We need a *proper* Imagination/Figment revamp this time. One that’s actually done tastefully, *not* done with a mean-spirited tone or message (Figment, the interference, constantly causes mischief til a “big stink” hits to prove to “Channing” that Figment’s (and the Friends of Figment’s) “upside down” way of thinking is the right way.)

Last edited:

jrhwdw

If this is true, I can guarantee that there is going to be a line of Instagrammers out of the door waiting to take their pics inside
So far Twitter likes the idea. I'll say it again, wish this was from DPB, not Corless......

Off topic but, still waiting for Corless' 50th parade bombshell to be wrong!!!! Can't Disney focus on MK Entertainment, not redoing attractions for the 50?!? We're already getting Tron.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom