Rain in June 2016?

allgiggles

5 of our last 6 trips to Disney have been in June. Most of those weeks we'd have a few showers throughout the week -- usually lasting 10-15 minutes; an occasional thunderstorm; and maybe 1 shower that lasted more than an hour. Nothing that ruined our vacation. We've also had 1 trip in June that the only rain we encountered the entire week was a 30-minute shower at 10:00 one evening.

We took one trip in May (2009). We chose May because the chance of rain was lower than in June and also the humidity is slightly lower in May (as are crowds). It ended up being Monsoon Week. It rained hard for hours and hours each day. Areas of the parks and resort were literally flooded. We got off the monorail at MK one day and at the bottom of the ramp leading out of the station, the water was a good 2" above our ankles. We had no choice but to walk through it. Regardless of the 12+" of rain that fell that week, we still had a great time.

My advice is to not plan your trip based on a potential rain forecast. Be prepared with extra shoes, socks, and whatever other rain gear you choose to use and have a great trip.

MeMawto2

Have been to Disney 7 times in the past few years and most of those visits were in June. Take along some ponchos if rain is forecasted, but I can tell you the rain will not be all day. Most likely it will last for 10-15 minutes and be gone. Most likely time is in late afternoon around 4-5:00. This is when we are resting back at our resort. We then go out and enjoy a park during the evening. In all those times going to WDW I have only been soaked by rain once. Don't worry about it! Go and have fun!

Miceberg

June 2015 - rained a lot! Sometimes the rain is actually a fun part of our trips that creates lasting memories. On our first family trip, the puddles in EPCOT were huge - my then teenaged daughters had a blast splashing through the puddles in their flip flops. The thought of that still makes me smile over a decade later!!

ratherbeinwdw

June, 2014. The week we were there, it rained almost all day and evening three days in a row. We stayed wet. But, it was hot, so it wasn't so bad. June, 2011 or 12. We went during a tropical storm. It rained 24 hours a day for four days. That was actually one of our most memorable trips. We were very prepared with full rainsuits, so we practically had the parks to ourselves. It was great. The last three days, however, were packed because the storm finally passed and the weather was beautiful so everyone was trying to make up for all the lost days.

JasonDeyoung

We get afternoon showers literally everyday here in the summer around 2-3pm ish give or take. You can almost just plan on it. Usually doesn't last long at all though.

mouse_luv

June is one of the highest percentage months for rain in Central Florida.

Rain-at-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

Last edited:

ratherbeinwdw

It depends on the week. Gay days/week can be slammed with people. And, if Frozen and Soarin are open the newness will bring in more people. However, the times we've gone in June, have never been close to the crowds we had the week before and the week after Easter. With extra morning hours, we always got to ride everything we wanted with short waits. Additionally, with fastpass you should be able to ride all the long-line rides, with short waits. Rain can actually be your friend. It cools the concrete and if it lasts for a while, many people go back to their rooms.

Princess Kaylee

It depends on the week. Gay days/week can be slammed with people. And, if Frozen and Soarin are open the newness will bring in more people. However, the times we've gone in June, have never been close to the crowds we had the week before and the week after Easter. With extra morning hours, we always got to ride everything we wanted with short waits. Additionally, with fastpass you should be able to ride all the long-line rides, with short waits. Rain can actually be your friend. It cools the concrete and if it lasts for a while, many people go back to their rooms.

Do you know what's going on in WDW June 10-16?

DfromATX

If you have to go in the summer when kids are off, I'd prefer June over July or August. It's a little less crowded and a little less hot than July. And, no Brazilians.

MeMawto2

Do you know what's going on in WDW June 10-16?
I am taking my family to WDW June 1-8. We have been 8 times. In early June there are less groups which can be a pain especially the foreign groups who have never heard of the concept of waiting your turn. They usually arrive in July. It does rain, but it is usually an afternoon rain, 2-4 o'clock, and goes away quickly. A good time to take a nap back at the resort. There is the Gay Days thing, but that usually does not bother us. We have to take our vacation when school is out. We have gone at Christmas time, but it is crowded then as well. Have fun!

SAV

We usually go in June and over the years it has gotten rainier and rainier as the years go by. The last trip in 2014 we also had multiple total washout days where it rained all day and night. We just Poncho'd up and kept on touring.

In my experiences in June, the days of the short afternoon shower are gone. It either rained most of the day or was clear and super hot.

The first week of June, as mentioned is Gay Days, so you can try to plan your schedule around the selected park for the day to avoid the extra crowds the group brings. Generally, the further into June you go the crowd levels increase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom