News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

Biff215

Fair enough. However I should point out that waiting for Disney to confirm things are closing could mean you are in for a very, very long wait. Disney have yet to confirm the MK theatre is shelved. Or indeed that certain WS pavilions planned at the outset are not happening.

And if you’re referring to a certain site that shall not be named, when he says “confirmed”, it usually means he’s read it here.
Exactly. Disney won’t confirm a closure or cancellation, but will have a live stream and fan meet for the latest cupcake release. I mean I get it, but it’s also frustrating to fans who actually pay attention. It’s no wonder so many applaud Disney’s every move.

Hayley In Wonderland

They are discontinuing that exhibit. The orcas that are currently there will live out their lives there, but they are the last.
They still exploited them for years, still whilst they are still living there in tiny tanks. Only reason they've stopped breeding them is because they are losing money, not because they care. If they cared, the orcas would not have been kept in such poor conditions in the first place.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
They still exploited them for years, still whilst they are still living there in tiny tanks. Only reason they've stopped breeding them is because they are losing money, not because they care. If they cared, the orcas would not have been kept in such poor conditions in the first place.
This is a discussion for a Seaworld thread perhaps ?

MickeyMinnieMom

Orlando Sentinel now saying closure is confirmed BY DISNEY.

Is THAT good enough to actually consider it confirmed by Disney (for those of us who still like to have that, too) since they’re is not likely to put out a press release about a closure?

“The final day for theme-park guests to visit the area will be Oct. 20, a Disney spokeswoman says.”

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

One thing Ima say real quick about one of the arguments over this being replaced is that they won’t because of the animal hospital...

They could easily build a new one somwhere else.

Rteetz

Original Poster
One thing Ima say real quick about one of the arguments over this being replaced is that they won’t because of the animal hospital...

They would have to start building a new one before the tear down this one. You can’t have a “zoo” with no animal care facilities.

That said there is a sizeable plot in the space between this building and the main areas of the park. They could just use that instead.

Rteetz

Original Poster

Red is Rafikis and backstage care facilities.

Green is the plot they could/would use before using Rafikis.

3C8E2AD4-26C3-4DF6-942F-42878942FE51.jpeg

Missing20K

Did I miss something? Did Disney really announce RPW going seasonal and then like a week later announce it's a permanent closure? :banghead:

nickys

Premium Member
Did I miss something? Did Disney really announce RPW going seasonal and then like a week later announce it's a permanent closure? :banghead:

I don’t think they announced it going seasonal to the public. But yes, it appears that’s exactly what happened with the announcement to the CMs.

Darth_Wes

(no hostility or anything meant towards you @Darth_Wes. You were ust bringing up a rumor you heard. This site is built and sustained by people doing that. This particular rumor is just one that has come up far too often lately considering how many reliable sources keep shooting it down)

No worries. I have thick skin. Thanks for thinking enough to mention it though. I was actually surprised at some of the backlash I received for posting this comment from others, but still not a big deal. I cannot be in this forum all the time, so I am not completely familiar with every conversation that has occurred. ...so my apologies to anyone who was ticked off by my posting it.

Darth_Wes

There have been pages and pages of discussion on this, there is no credible evidence that this is planned.
Sorry I didn't have the time to comb through the entire WDW forum prior to posting this rumor. I actually heard this from a recent source on Youtube and thought it relevant to the conversation. I'll remember my place next time and ensure that I spend a few hours searching the threads prior to commenting again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom