Original Poster
20201115_193057-XL.jpg

20201115_193453-XL.jpg

20201115_193402-XL.jpg

20201115_193131-XL.jpg

TP2000

Designed by Herman Hollerith
(for you young ones: Look Here )

When I lived in Seattle in the mid 20th century, my neighbor Mr. Waasenaur worked at Boeing and his wife used to make these huge Christmas wreaths made out of IBM punch cards that had been used to create the 747 or whatever Boeing was building.

Mrs. Wassenaur would spend all autumn folding and gluing the IBM cards together and then spray painting them gold or silver with fake poinsettias or Christmas decorations hot glued into the middle of them. I was gifted at least two of them over the years and had to feign delight. They were godawful looking, yet somehow quite charming.

Decades later I am kicking myself for not keeping one of them! I just Googled the concept and came up with this image, which is pretty darn close to what Mrs. Wassenaur used to create for all us neighbors as some sort of weird act of neighborliness. She was partial to plastic Poinsettias as the accent piece, however.

54be34f452d1e586b7a42bd3f244d99c.jpg

LastoneOn

When I lived in Seattle in the mid 20th century, my neighbor Mr. Waasenaur worked at Boeing and his wife used to make these huge Christmas wreaths made out of IBM punch cards that had been used to create the 747 or whatever Boeing was building.

Mrs. Wassenaur would spend all autumn folding and gluing the IBM cards together and then spray painting them gold or silver with fake poinsettias or Christmas decorations hot glued into the middle of them. I was gifted at least two of them over the years and had to feign delight. They were godawful looking, yet somehow quite charming.

Decades later I am kicking myself for not keeping one of them! I just Googled the concept and came up with this image, which is pretty darn close to what Mrs. Wassenaur used to create for all us neighbors as some sort of weird act of neighborliness. She was partial to plastic Poinsettias as the accent piece, however.

54be34f452d1e586b7a42bd3f244d99c.jpg
wow! Integrate some little baby LEDs in there now and it would be quite sparkly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom