Race Retreat is it worth it?

ctcdisneymama

Original Poster
I signed up for my first ever run Disney race and was wondering if the Race Retreat package was worth it? Seems to offer a lot but the price is pretty steep.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I signed up for my first ever run Disney race and was wondering if the Race Retreat package was worth it? Seems to offer a lot but the price is pretty steep.

For me, it was. Changing area, warm up area, private porta potties, gear bag check, food/beverages before & after, massages, photos, place to chill before race, especially nice if weather isn't ideal (think 2018 Marathon weekend). Glad I did the retreat for Princess this year and did the same for 2019 Princess. Just wish all races had the retreat - guess only those Halfs/Full that start in Epcot can do so.

dreamfinder

Depends on you and the weather. The race retreat now includes early access to the expo (I believe that is still a perk) and some people find that to be worth it alone. You can't get to the race start any later in the day, and still need to do the march from the waiting area to the actual start line well before the start. While it's helpful if it's cold/wet to stay dry before that point, you will still most likely have at least 30 minutes outside pre start. I can't find its worth the cost, but that's just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom