Race Discounts, are there any?

frank2271

Original Poster
Hello all,

I've read on Facebook that the Disney Visa and possibly Annual Passes usually offer some kind of discount for Disney races.

I haven't heard of any yet, has anyone else?

If you do hear about any discounts, please post the info here so we all can save a little dough.

I am running the Dopey and my wife and son will be doing the 5k and the half, so I'm really looking for some kind of help with the fee's.

Thanks and good luck to everyone in your training and races.

Frank

fmingo36

Hello all,

I've read on Facebook that the Disney Visa and possibly Annual Passes usually offer some kind of discount for Disney races.

I haven't heard of any yet, has anyone else?

If you do hear about any discounts, please post the info here so we all can save a little dough.

I am running the Dopey and my wife and son will be doing the 5k and the half, so I'm really looking for some kind of help with the fee's.

Thanks and good luck to everyone in your training and races.

Frank

I have the Disney Visa and never seen a discount offered.
What I'm seeing now is tier-pricing.The earlier you register the less you pay. Not sure if I would consider that a discount but I guess if you know for sure what you're going to run then register early for reduced fees.

Ariel484

Pasting this in from the marathon weekend thread (with some tweaks)...this is what was available to me last year when it came time to sign up for that 2012 WDW Marathon.

Princess Half Marathon Discount Code:

I ran the 2011 Princess Half. About 1.5 weeks later (March 9) I got a congratulations email from runDisney with my results webpage and a discount code for Marathon Weekend 2012. It was for $20 off for the marathon or the Goofy challenge only and was good until mid-May, which I think was when the first registration price increase happened. I did get the congratulations email for running the 2012 full, but it didn't have a discount code.

I think anyone that had run a Disney race the year before got an email like this, but I'm not sure if the codes were different (i.e. different amounts, a discount for the WDW half).

Disney Visa discount:

I got this email on March 15, the day that registration opened for Marathon Weekend 2012. The discounts available from this one were:

$35 off the marathon entry fee
$35 off the half marathon entry fee
$70 off the Goofy challenge entry fee

But reading the fine print on the email...

Savings is based upon the combination of the early registration discount on the race entry fees for the Half Marathon, Marathon, or Goofy Challenge available to all race entrants by the applicable deadline combined with an additional $15 credit for each of the Half Marathon or Full Marathon and $30 credit for the Goofy Challenge for Disney Rewards cardmembers.

I also remember that Disney Visa cardholders could register the day before registration officially opened, which is what I did because I was so freaking excited. I grabbed the link from somewhere else (other people had gotten the Disney Visa link before I did and were sharing it) and registered for the full on the 14th, then realized that the Princess Half discount was a little better. Oops.

So the Disney Visa discount was the way to go for registering for Goofy or the half, and the Princess Half discount was $5 better for registering for the full. No discounts on the relay or the kids' races.

DVC Member Discount:

On another site I heard that there was also a discount for DVC members, but I'm not sure as I'm not DVC. If this discount does exist, I'm not sure how much it saves on registration or if it can be applied to all races. I don't remember hearing anything about Annual Passholder discounts.

Registration opens April 10 this year so I'm guessing, based on last year, that people will start getting emails sometime the week before. I hope so, anyway. :shrug:

ETA: Here's some discussion of last year's discounts...it starts at post #19: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=709877&page=2

Monorail Lime

Disney Vacation Club discount: $10 discount off first-tier registration prices (available during an event's earliest booking period) for all runDisney half- and full-marathon races (or $20 off the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend's "Goofy Challenge")

Codes at dvcmember.com > Member Privileges > Special Offers

Ariel484

Disney Visa Discount:

$15 off the half marathon ($135 to register)
$15 off the full marathon ($135 to register)
$30 off the Goofy Challenge ($290 to register)

Offer expires June 19, 2012.

I have a Disney Visa and receieved this offer by email 30 minutes ago. I'm going to register for the Goofy Challenge tonight!!! :sohappy:

frank2271

Original Poster
Is registration open? How do you sign up for the emails? Is there an offer code or promo code? I'll be doing some research.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom