Raccoon with a gun! The Guardians of the Galaxy trailer is here.

Bairstow

Should be interesting.

Rocket_Spit.gif

Californian Elitist

I just came from a Q&A session here in LA, with Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Productions, James Gunn, director of Guardians of the Galaxy and Chris Pratt, who plays Peter Quill/Star Lord. They're all excited for the film, but Gunn especially is seriously passionate about the film. They answered questions and talked about the movie. I must say, after attending this session, I am even more excited for the Guardians of the Galaxy.

BTW, Chris Pratt is really funny and seemed like a genuinely good person. A few photos to come, later.

Matt_Black

Yeah, once Gunn was announced, I was optimistic, as he did The Specials, a film about goofball, c-list superheroes, and I very much enjoyed that movie (my friends were less enamored, but I think they were expecting more of a traditional superhero film that happened to have funny moments).

StageFrenzy

honestly watching the trailer (with nothing else) did nothing for me. Didn't make me interested in the film at all...

I know quality or whether you like something is subjective and that's cool. Are you neutral on the whole thing or super heroed out? I was never a comic book guy but I love the MCU. I think it is because all the movies aside from maybe incredible hulk have been fun. I like the layering and story building that they are doing. At the end of the day I guess I'm just excited about this film and I want everyone else to be too.

Matt_Black

Or it might be that despite being a Marvel film, this isn't exactly the kind of superhero film we're used to. And the trailer especially highlights the atypical nature of GotG. You're not going to see "Ooga Chaka" or anything similar blaring when the Superman/ Batman trailer finally comes around.

StageFrenzy

Or it might be that despite being a Marvel film, this isn't exactly the kind of superhero film we're used to. And the trailer especially highlights the atypical nature of GotG. You're not going to see "Ooga Chaka" or anything similar blaring when the Superman/ Batman trailer finally comes around.

Feige has said for the individual movies they are not trying to make "super hero" movies but movies of diffferent genres with super heroes as the main characters. I think GotG will be more Star Wars than avengers. I think using "Ooga Chaka" was a way to differentiate GotG from the rest of the super hero movies and set the tone. Another thing I am looking forward to is that we probably won't see New York/Metropolis/Gotham/The Earth destroyed again.

Matt_Black

Feige has said for the individual movies they are not trying to make "super hero" movies but movies of diffferent genres with super heroes as the main characters. I think GotG will be more Star Wars than avengers. I think using "Ooga Chaka" was a way to differentiate GotG from the rest of the super hero movies and set the tone. Another thing I am looking forward to is that we probably won't see New York/Metropolis/Gotham/The Earth destroyed again.

I'm hoping with the rumors of Dr. Strange that Marvel looks to do more with their supernatural characters. I'd love a Midnight Sons movie with Blade and Ghost Rider, ideally with Snipes and Cage back to chew up scenery in a GLORIOUS train wreck, though that casting choice seems highly unlikely at this point.

StageFrenzy

I'm hoping with the rumors of Dr. Strange that Marvel looks to do more with their supernatural characters. I'd love a Midnight Sons movie with Blade and Ghost Rider, ideally with Snipes and Cage back to chew up scenery in a GLORIOUS train wreck, though that casting choice seems highly unlikely at this point.

Blade belongs to Marvel again right, does GR? I'd take Snipes back as Blade, for the love of all things demonic no more Cage. I would like to see Val Kilmer in a Marvel movie and I'm sure @lebeau would too.

Matt_Black

Ghost Rider rights reverted back to Marvel some time in 2013, which I found a bit surprising, as I would've thought that Spirit of Vengeance would have gotten Sony (?) a few more years extension at least.

lebeau

Blade belongs to Marvel again right, does GR? I'd take Snipes back as Blade, for the love of all things demonic no more Cage. I would like to see Val Kilmer in a Marvel movie and I'm sure @lebeau would too.

lol

I always wish nothing but the best for all the actors and actresses I write about. Kilmer is a big one over at the site. He's on our avatar. So, yeah, we wish him well. On the other hand, if Kilmer starts working in big Hollywood movies again, I have to start updating his article more regularly! So I'm not sure I want that. ;)

Kilmer's a very talented actor. He doesn't have the matinee idol good looks any more. But he could make a terrific villain or supporting character. Marvel likes cheap actors and Kilmer needs the money. Seems like a good fit.

StageFrenzy

lol

I always wish nothing but the best for all the actors and actresses I write about. Kilmer is a big one over at the site. He's on our avatar. So, yeah, we wish him well. On the other hand, if Kilmer starts working in big Hollywood movies again, I have to start updating his article more regularly! So I'm not sure I want that. ;)

Kilmer's a very talented actor. He doesn't have the matinee idol good looks any more. But he could make a terrific villain or supporting character. Marvel likes cheap actors and Kilmer needs the money. Seems like a good fit.

They already re-made kiss kiss bang bang in IM3. If they keep RDJ for one more IM movie, I'd love to see him and Kilmer together again. Those two had great chemistry in KKBB.

Matt_Black

I think RDJ is only going to be around for Avengers 2 and 3 and then both he and Marvel are moving on. Let's give other characters and actors a chance to show us what they've got. I'm really interested in seeing what Paul Rudd brings to the table as Ant-Man.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know quality or whether you like something is subjective and that's cool. Are you neutral on the whole thing or super heroed out?

Just being fictional characters of sort wasn't enough to hook me. I saw a bunch of characters that might be outlaws or something... And then a bunch of fighting... There was no story tease offered that tweaked my curiosity. I honestly couldn't tell you what the movie is even about from the trailer.

Just didn't offer any hooks that made me want to seek out more about it.

I don't think it has anything to do with marvel or superheroes in my lack of interest from the trailer. I have no history with this source content. I was mostly a transformers and gi joe kid... I didn't get into the larger comic universes.

Matt_Black

Just being fictional characters of sort wasn't enough to hook me. I saw a bunch of characters that might be outlaws or something... And then a bunch of fighting... There was no story tease offered that tweaked my curiosity. I honestly couldn't tell you what the movie is even about from the trailer.

Just didn't offer any hooks that made me want to seek out more about it.

I don't think it has anything to do with marvel or superheroes in my lack of interest from the trailer. I have no history with this source content. I was mostly a transformers and gi joe kid... I didn't get into the larger comic universes.

And that's a fair critique. This trailer definitely seemed to be more focused on setting up character and mood, which is not a bad tact to take, given that even for comic fans these guys are a bit on the obscure side. I'm sure, though, that between now and August, we'll see some sort of trailers focusing on the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom