qustion about wheelchair

DisneyJoe

If you need one for your entire trip, you need to rent one from Walker Mobility or another service.

Resorts have wheelchairs but only for emergencies or temporary need.

docdebbi

my experience is different. we rent ecv in the parks each day for my 80+ year old parents when we go. whenever we return to our hotel we pick a wheelchair up at the bell stand and use it until we leave again. they go everywhere in it, pool, restaurants, etc. we asked the first couple of times if we had to return it when not actively using it, or at night while they sleep, and we were told that it was ours to use whenever we were on the property. the bell men were always very pleasant about it, and helpful. even helping them into and out of car and taking the wheelchair back to bell stand and putting out name on it till we came back to property

DisneyJoe

Resorts only have a handful of wheelchairs. If you arrive and they are all in use, you are out of luck.

Did you know that renting an ECV from offsite is much cheaper than renting in each park?

Cendure

I would suggest renting an ECV from Walker Mobility for the entire trip. When my daughter was diagnosed with stress fractures just before our trip one year, we rented an ECV from Walker Mobility. They deliver it directly to your resort and pick it up afterwards. When we checked into the Poly it was waiting for us at Guest Services and the day we were leaving, we dropped it off at Guest Services to be picked up. This way, she had it for the resort and the parks and didn't have to try to struggle on her crutches around the resort or to the parks. Also, we have been at MK during busy times and they have run out of ECVs and people were waiting for them to be returned. I suggest and ECV over a wheelchair because it's just easier than pushing a wheel chair.

stillgoofy

Also got a wheelchair for my dad at the resort. No charge & can use it for the whole trip at the resorts. Even took it with us to have dinner at another resort. No problem. Free, easy and there were tons available when we went in early May.

tarjaybuff

Better to rent from Walker

We have never had any trouble getting a wheelchair from the Resort to use for our entire stay, but they are not in the best of shape. Never was able to get a decent wheelchair. They are difficult to maneuver/push. Last visit after being frustrated we rented one from Walker. Best money spent. The chair was reasonable in price, but in new condition. Easy to push, and my mom said it was 10x more comfortable. I guess you get what you pay for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom