Quieter vs. Loud restaurants?

Squigglove

Original Poster
We hadn't eaten at Planet Hollywood in 15 years, we'd forgotten how LOUD it was there. The music was so loud we had to literally yell our order at our waiter. The food was excellent (that's the part we remembered, but I guess we just aged out of the noise level/blaring music).

We also ate at Cosmic Ray's in the Magic Kingdom, which seemed louder than average. Food was great, but noise factor - a little annoying.

So, I'd love to know which restaurants/quick serves/table serves, etc. you all found to be more noisy or more quiet than expected.

**Note to critics: I understand that with large crowds comes a certain level of noise, but some are much worse/better than "normal." I'm asking because it's important to me.
ETA: Planet Hollywood was OBNOXIOUSLY loud. My mom had to leave in an ambulance because we parked at the wrong end and the humidity was too much on her, when we got to the restaurant the noise factor was just the last straw. She had to spend the night in the hospital.

Thanks much!!

Last edited:

materbuddy

T-Rex is the loudest restaurant on property. We've been there twice and couldn't even had a conversation with each other. I will never go there again

ynahtebwdw

Anything with an 'audience participation' aspect will be loud, such as 50's Prime Time. We also found BOG to be loud because of the large echo-y main ballroom crammed with so many tables, and Sci-Fi Theatre as well due to the loop of film in the background.

MaryJaneP

In our experience, any in-park restaurant has been loud and/or noisy. Even most in-resort restaurants and food-courts are loud/noisy. The only exceptions we have experienced are The Wave and Sanaa. We have heard V&A is quiet. Obviously Rainforest is meant to be loud.

ekutchey

Quiet -
Artist Point at WL
California Grill at Contemporary (however music to Wishes is played during the show)
Le Ceiller at Epcot (Canada)
Fultons at Disney Springs
Roaring Fork at WL

Can be louder -
Via Napoli at Epcot (Italy)
Chef Mickeys at Contemporary
Ohana at Contemporary
Be Our Guest at MK
The Boathouse at Disney Springs
50s Prime Time at HS
Casey Corner at MK
Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs
Trails End at Wilderness Campground

Loud -
Whispering Canyon at WL
Biergarten at Epcot (Germany)
ESPN Club at BW
TRex at Disney Springs
Rainforest Cafe at AK or Disney Springs

To list a few...

HouCuseChickie

We aren't very noise sensitive, so I don't really notice....BUT...a previous poster noted California Grill as being quiet. I've heard others complain about the noise there. It usually comes up because someone wanted a quiet romantic evening and were bothered that they didn't get that with CG. So, just something to keep in mind for that one.

MaryJaneP

We have eaten at CG during numerous visits. We have never found it to be "quiet". In our experience, it has usually been loud and on occasion, raucous. We also found O'hana, at Polynesian, to be fairly consistently loud.

KeeKee

Via Napoli has been prohibitively loud. We enjoy the food immensely, but the noise level is too much. If they are trying to turn the tables over quickly, maybe more timely service and less noise would be a more "guest friendly" approach.

Hockey89

Via Napoli has been prohibitively loud. We enjoy the food immensely, but the noise level is too much. If they are trying to turn the tables over quickly, maybe more timely service and less noise would be a more "guest friendly" approach.
If you want a circus, bad food, and bad services, Via Napoli is the way to go. ;)

Hockey89

V&A is the best for noise.... Artist point is also very relaxing.... CG, I completely disagree that, it is quiet.... Flying fish very very loud.

PhilharMagician

Chef Mickey's is way too loud for me, special during the celebration.

Surprising quiet was Kona being open to the lobby. Not sure how it is since the lobby refurb.
Bistro de Paris was so quiet and pleasant. This was a shock as you look out the windows at the chaos below. Have't been there since the refurb and rename.

Mr Anderson

If you want a circus, bad food, and bad services, Via Napoli is the way to go. ;)
Wow, I have never experienced anything like that at Via Napoli - we've always enjoyed it - great food, good service, and didn't think it was any louder than any other TS restaurant on property.

To each his/her own :)

Hockey89

Wow, I have never experienced anything like that at Via Napoli - we've always enjoyed it - great food, good service, and didn't think it was any louder than any other TS restaurant on property.

To each his/her own :)
I can't tell how disappointed we were because we were so excited to try.... I know this has been debated and people seem to either love the food or hate it.... The pizza sucked... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom