quickly do children under 2 get to eat free

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
My question is the cm is on the phone right now and says that she can order off the CS menu and get it free..I do not know... need to know right now..we are trying to upgrade her and he says not necessary

alissafalco

My question is the cm is on the phone right now and says that she can order off the CS menu and get it free..I do not know... need to know right now..we are trying to upgrade her and he says not necessary

From what I understand is that anything else ordered off the menu that is not included on your DDP you have to pay for. Also, from what I understand is that the child can share your food from your plate and they wont be charged. I never heard of the child ordering from the menu and it was free.

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
Thats what I though she is still on the phone with him right now and he says she can I have never seen this nor read it either. I am not so sure he is right..

alissafalco

Thats what I though she is still on the phone with him right now and he says she can I have never seen this nor read it either. I am not so sure he is right..

I've had CM's tell me the wrong thing before over the phone....Just put alot of food on your plate at the buffet LOL.....I would also call back later and get a different person you most likely will get a different answer!

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
I am listening to her and on the phone with her. He says she can this is insane.. I am betting not.. She is 2 and 4 months old and is very tall. she is planning on bringing a birth cert just in case she is almost 40 inches tall. Was 23 when born long tall and snow white looking ha ha..

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
He says again she can. I am with you I told her when we booked I got 3 different answers to the same thing and the fourth confirmed the last one I asked that day.. I really do see how that works..

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
From AllEars.net

CAN MY KIDS EAT FOR FREE?
Walt Disney World Resort Restaurants consider a child to be ages 3-9. Most restaurants have a separate children's menu with selections geared to children's tastes. Most children's meals are priced under $8, although some restaurants may have higher-priced offerings.

At table service restaurants, there is no charge for children under 3 who share from an adult's plate. However, if you order from a menu for a children under 3, you will be charged the menu price.

At buffet and "all-you-care-to-eat" restaurants, there is also no charge for children under 3 who share from an adult's plate. However, if you order from a separate children's or ala carte menu for a child under 3 (rather than eating from the buffet or all-you-care-to-eat offerings), you will be charged the price reflected on the menu.

At counter service restaurants, you will be charged the menu price if you order a meal for a child under 3.

NOTE: When making your Advance Reservations, be sure to include all children in your count of members of your party, even if they will be seated in a highchair.

Pioneer Hall

Sorry, but this is misinformation. Children under three are allowed to share off a plate from a parent at a buffet without being charged (at Table Serve restaurants anyone can share without a charge). They also do not sell dining plans for children under 3 years old as they expect that parents will just be sharing. Disney is not giving out any free food.

alissafalco

I am listening to her and on the phone with her. He says she can this is insane.. I am betting not.. She is 2 and 4 months old and is very tall. she is planning on bringing a birth cert just in case she is almost 40 inches tall. Was 23 when born long tall and snow white looking ha ha..

They are TOTALLY wrong I just re-read the Disney dining plan!! Here is the link when you open it, click on the right hand side adobe file 2012 dining plan. It clearly states "they may share from an adult plate at no charge, or a meal may be purchased from the menu"
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/disney-dining-plan/

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
Thats what I said and she said to him but they are off now we will just see and ask at each place they all have their own policys I am sure

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
He needs to be turned in for giving false information. We leave on Friday fly out.. His name is Terrence she thinks.. wrong info guy!!!!

Pioneer Hall

Thats what I said and she said to him but they are off now we will just see and ask at each place they all have their own policys I am sure

No, they don't have their own policies. Disney is about as bureaucratic as it gets, and each restaurant follows company policy. The only exceptions on Disney property will be 3rd party locations (like Rainforest) that follow their own corporate rules. I strongly advise you not to expect anything for free at any restaurant.

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
We are going with the assumption we thought we have to pay for anything she eats by herself. Share with Teppon, Yak,Sci Fi,Via.. They let them have a plate at Buffets you do not have to share off your plate.

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
I know I told her there is no way and to question him again I heard her say to him she has never seen this. He offered this about the food. She did not ask. We knew we couldn't, but then he said that and I told her to question that real real good. Yes, we can buy the plan for her if under 3 we just have to pay park tickets if we do and so we are just going to order things we can share with her and that have a bit more to them so no one goes hungry. I wouldn't even ask either. But, some on this board said they got away with it by asking. We are not its too embarrasing when people are behind you thinking your cheepys. We are not. We are planning on bringing extra money to buy her things if she is hungry and needs her own plate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom