Quick Trip to WDW

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi guys, I'm back from WDW. Since so many people have been lately, I'm not going to give a "trip" report, but just post a couple of things of interest, or follow-ups to previous topics.

1. I stayed at the Wyndham Palace, with a 19th floor overlook of all the parks. I was able to watch both Illuminations & Fantasy In The Sky simultaneously! (with a little head turning)
Other than that, I would have preferred staying in a "real" Disney hotel.

2. I saw hot air balloons every morning; from 3-6 of them at around 7AM.

3. Valet parking was $10/day...Disney's is still a bargain.

4. The Rose and Crown are seving dinners on...."high quality single use crockery and utensils"....i.e.plastic plates, knives & forks!!!:eek: They assured us it was the same quality food...(at the same quality prices, I might add!!!) The official line was that the dishwashing equipment was being revamped, but another server implied that they might be switching over to "single use" items permanently...say it ain't so!!:(

Maybe one of our "insiders" can find out more...is this another cost cutting measure?

That's all I have to share with everyone!

mightyduck

Originally posted by marciahahn
Hi guys, I'm back from WDW. Since so many people have been lately, I'm not going to give a "trip" report, but just post a couple of things of interest, or follow-ups to previous topics.

1. I stayed at the Wyndham Palace, with a 19th floor overlook of all the parks. I was able to watch both Illuminations & Fantasy In The Sky simultaneously! (with a little head turning)
Other than that, I would have preferred staying in a "real" Disney hotel.

2. I saw hot air balloons every morning; from 3-6 of them at around 7AM.

3. Valet parking was $10/day...Disney's is still a bargain.

4. The Rose and Crown are seving dinners on...."high quality single use crockery and utensils"....i.e.plastic plates, knives & forks!!!:eek: They assured us it was the same quality food...(at the same quality prices, I might add!!!) The official line was that the dishwashing equipment was being revamped, but another server implied that they might be switching over to "single use" items permanently...say it ain't so!!:(

Maybe one of our "insiders" can find out more...is this another cost cutting measure?

That's all I have to share with everyone!

Wow...thanks, Marcia! I wasn't up and looking outside by 7 am...maybe that's why I've never seen a hot air balloon there!
:)

Beauty and the

Hi Marcia, we went for Dinner at the Rose and Crown on 13th August and used real crockery and cutlery, we did notice lots of other places used plastics and thought that the prices of food at disney eating places had been hiked up a lot since our last visit.This wouldn't have bothered us at all if the quality was good,but on the whole I would have to say they where very disappointing and wouldn't repeat any of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom