Quick Trip....So it seemed!

Our trip was from Wednesday, Oct. 3 thru Sunday, Oct. 7! It was my son's first trip to the World and we were so excited. This is my first trip report so bare with me.

Day 1.........Our flight left Charlotte at 7:30am. I know, way early. I was a little anxious having the little one in tow but he did great! He actually fell asleep before we even took off. Yay for us! Our flight was on time so we landed about 9 something. We scooped up our bags and rental car and were on our way to Pop Century. I did the online check-in so we had no problems when we got there. To our surprise, our room was ready!!! The Cast Member at the front desk gave Aiden his 1st Visit button and we were on our way! We headed to the room to drop off our things.
Disney2012015.jpg

Yes, our son is running wild!
Disney2012012.jpg

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
We re-grouped and decided we would grab something to eat from Everything Pop. I think that is the name. You'll see a picture here. Aiden had his first taste of Disney Mac & Cheese. I have a picture but can't find it at the moment. I had the Penne Alfredo w/Chicken and my husband had the pizza. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. We were kinda hungry and I forgot. Everything was very good!
Disney2012009.jpg

After lunch we decided to walk over to Art of Animation to take a look around. I was very impressed!
Disney2012069.jpg

IMG]http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff454/pacea34/Disney/Disney 2012/Disney2012072.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff454/pacea34/Disney/Disney 2012/Disney2012136.jpg[/IMG]

It looks like photobucket didn't upload all my pictures last night so more to come.

kimberlymautz

Thank you! He is 21 months. We had a great time.

He's absolutely adorable! I hope he had fun! We're leaving our 17m old at home, which bums me out, but at the same time it'll be a nice vacation. We're planning on going again in two years with our two best friends and their two daughters, so we'll bring her then since she'll be bigger and will have a better time. :)

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Love it! I work with toddlers that age, and I love telling people that yes, you can have a fun vacation taking a toddler along!!

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay. I will have more soon. It's been kinda crazy lately and have been having problems with my computer. Check back with my trip report later.

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
So the rest of DAY 1: After lunch and a quick tour of Art of Animation, we headed over to Epcot to see one of my friends who is a manager there.
Disney2012156.jpg

Disney2012146.jpg

We headed over to The Land after riding Spaceship Earth. We rode Living with The Land because you just have to! It was great as always. After that we grabbed a bite to eat at Sunshine Seasons. I had the Rotisserie Chicken with mashed potatoes and black beans. Delish!!! My husband had the pork chops and the little one ate off of our plates. Sorry no pics, we were wrestling with a one year old.

Disney2012184.jpg

We then headed over to Seas with Nemo. Aiden loved it!!! He kept saying "fisssssss". It was so cute. We then did a few more things and headed back to Pop to get some rest. We had been up since 4 am.

Disney2012167.jpg

soarin

It's one of those 31 bags. I actually borrowed it from my sister.
I sell 31 bags, they are awesome for Disney. I always bring one in the parks with at least one smaller one inside. Most of my luggage and other accessory and food/junk bags are also 31.

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
Day 2: This is our MNSSHP day and we decided to tour the resorts and go back to Pop and take a quick nap before we head over to Magic Kingdom. I love Animal Kingdom Lodge so we headed over there first after breakfast.
Disney2012192.jpg

It was very hot out and welcomed getting into the air conditioning!
Disney2012194.jpg

I love this resort and its theming the best. I think Aiden liked walking over this bridge the best.
Disney2012195.jpg

So after the AK Lodge we headed over to the Polynesian. We walked around a bit and decided to have lunch at Captain Cook's because we love the Pulled Pork sandwich so much. Well it seemed like they changed the recipe a bit. Not as good but I loved the chips. Of course we had to have a Dole Whip! YUM!
Disney2012261.jpg

Disney2012275.jpg

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
Day 2 Continued: Now I am not one to complain about many things to Disney because I was once a Cast Member, but I had a few issues on this day. We had requested a pack and play to which we never received so I requested a bed rail so that the little one could sleep in the bed. We never received that either. I went back to the front desk to inquire again and they apologized and said it would be there by the end of the day. It was however it was broken! So ok, not gonna let it ruin anything. We make it back to Pop after touring some resorts and riding the Monorail. We get the little one down for a nap and put the do not disturb on the door. Now this is at 2 in the afternoon I might add and our room was not touched for the day. Aiden is almost asleep and the phone rings. It's Mousekeeping! She says to me, "I guess you don't want your room serviced today since you have the do not disturb on your door." I said, "we would have liked to have our room serviced earlier but since our child is trying to take a nap no." She kept repeating that we had the do not disturb on our door and I said, "that usually means we don't want to be disturbed like a phone call either." She then said she would leave linens by the door. I was a little confused. I have never had mousekeeping call me like that. I guess she was new. Anyway, after a short nap we got ready to head over to MK to go to MNSSHP. We were so excited! Little did we know that our night was not gonna go as planned.

I'll give you WaterGate!!!

Can I just tell you how much I dislike the new tram doors. They are not user friendly with a child and stroller.

Anyhow, we arrived to TTC to building clouds. Now, we had been checking weather reports all day and yes we knew about a storm approaching. It looked like it would be brief but no!!!

We got to the Monorail and they were directing people to the big Riverboat. Monorail was 101.
Disney2012285.jpg

You can see the clouds building and then we started seeing Lightning. A few sprinkles but nothing major.

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
Disney2012289.jpg

Disney2012304.jpg

Disney2012293.jpg

Disney2012294.jpg

Disney2012304.jpg

And then the rain started! We high tailed it to Adventurland. It wasn't raining too bad. We rode Aladin's Magic Carpets, Tiki Birds, and then headed to Pirate's. No wait for Pirate's I might add. We came out and it was pouring. I mean pouring! Lightning, thunder, people running, people screaming. Chaos! We sat there for a while right outside of Pirate's but under cover. We waited and waited. Kept Pouring. This went on for an hour. So we rushed over to Pecos Bill to try and grab a bite and wait it out. They kept coming over the loud speakers saying that the parade was cancelled along with the Mix and Mingle. We waited another hour. Mind you we had ponchos but it wasn't safe to be out there. Lightining was terrible and none of the rides were operating except for the ones inside. I kept getting more depressed. The rain started to let up so we ventured over to Haunted Mansion. I thought we could stop along the way and trick or treat a bit. Nope, there was only one open and the line was so long! Luckily the wait for Haunted Mansion wasn't bad. Needless to say, we did a few things but were miserable. We tried to make the best of it but it was just a wash out. We did get to see Hallowishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom