Quick Trip Report - 9/12/03 to 9/14/03

Quick Trip Report 9/12/03 to 9/14/03 – Theme of the Report - EMPTY

Stayed at All-Star Music – Empty. When we arrived Friday night, there were about 20 cars in the parking lot for Area 3. These [parking lots are designed to hold hundreds/thousands of cars given that the resort has over 5,000 rooms. Piano pool had about 20 people in it midday on Saturday. Main pool near main building had about 30 people in it midday and late at night. 1st time at an All Star Resort. Definitly worth the money ($50 per night for Disney Visa Cardholders). Rooms were clean and well maintained. Mattresses are real hard though, at least compared to my home mattress and other mattresses at Disney Resorts.

EPCOT Friday Night – Again empty. Main parking lot only had one section partially filled at 6:30 PM. They weren’t even using the trams. If people needed a ride they were transporting them back and forth on golf carts. Never saw that before.

Test Track – No line. Great ride.

Most of FutureWorld closed at 7 PM.

We saw Illuminations – Reflection of Earth from the bridge between the entrance of FutureWorld and Mexico. New spot for us. I found out that if you go often you should check out different viewing angles. Gives the show a different perspective and makes it seem different.

Magic Kingdom Saturday – Space Mountain fastpass times were only 45 minutes ahead. No standby line.

Disney/MGM Studios Saturday Night – Rockn Roller Coaster – Closed for Rehab. (I forgot about this and the kids and folks that were with us were angry!! We only went to the park so we could ride it and TOT. Oh well. Life Goes On!).

Fantasmic – Performers had a bad night. Timing of gunshots that set off explosions was off. You see the flash of light shooting down the string and the explosion goes off before the light reaches the spot where it is supposed to set off the explosion. Boat carrying Beauty & the Beast crashed into the wall twice. When the boat gets delayed and the music goes to the next sequence, the characters just pose together as the lights on the boat go off and the boat continues to exit. Guy sitting behind us ruined the show. Kept yelling out the character names (Got them wrong sometimes, too) loud and starting singing the Florida State (Atlanta Braves) chant when the Indians came out in the canoes.

Epcot Sunday – Again empty. Fastpass of Misssion:Space was only 40 minutes ahead. When we got inside there was no standby line. Played the interactive space game in the post show area. Great game to play if you have time. Of the 4 people on the ride, 2 wanted to do it again, On guy loved the concept and the ride system but was not sure he wanted to go on again. Me, it was my 3rd time and I didn’t get as disoriented as I did on the 1st two rides. Not sure why. The ride seemed the same as the 1st two times.

That’s All For Now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom