Quick service spots to avoid

Orangeanna

Original Poster
Ok so I know that Disney is tasked with feeding thousands in these qs spots but are there any you would never go to again? My husband wanted a gyro in AK for months so we finally made our way to Harambe market and waited 40 minutes. He's eaten gyros everywhere, it drives me crazy, and this was incredibly bad. Unrecognizable meat, limp hot veggies, a gross sauce. He had to admit defeat and throw it away. Realizing that his isn't fine dining, are there places you just avoid at all costs?

mdcpr

Ok so I know that Disney is tasked with feeding thousands in these qs spots but are there any you would never go to again? My husband wanted a gyro in AK for months so we finally made our way to Harambe market and waited 40 minutes. He's eaten gyros everywhere, it drives me crazy, and this was incredibly bad. Unrecognizable meat, limp hot veggies, a gross sauce. He had to admit defeat and throw it away. Realizing that his isn't fine dining, are there places you just avoid at all costs?
The unrecognizable meat is indeed what gyro meat looks like. :) Too bad they messed it up.

bubbles1812

The ABC Commissary at DHS is generally... special... :cautious:

NiarrNDisney

All CS options are not created equal some are more lackluster than others whether due to atmosphere or general bland menu. IMHO the restaurants below tend to be either the worst offenders or somewhere caught leaning to mediocre but in a pinch I'm sure you can find something that's at least edible even if just a Burger, Hotdog and fries!

MK - Cosmic Ray's (the food isn't horrible but isn't great either and options are limited) however much like my other choice for the Magic Kingdom it gets really crowded and loud.
Pinocchio Village Haus (though the Flatbreads are better than the bubble bread pizza they offer elsewhere) this place also gets packed and can be overwhelming.

Epcot - Electric Umbrella and Liberty Inn (the food isn't bad so much as it's limited in variety and there are so many better options around the park) Also I just don't care for EU's overall look but alas both are being reimagined into new offerings in the coming future.

DHS - ABC Commissary (honestly the food has never been good don't bother),
Catalina Eddies and Pizza Rizzo's (where you can find the famous bready bubble pizzas)

DAK - Pizzafari (pizza isn't great, pastas are bland and the other options are just ehhh)

Last edited:

LeighM

The only truly bad experience I've ever had at a quick service place was Be Our Guest breakfast. Totally overpriced for cold food meant to be hot and very small portions. We went for breakfast in their early days and it was great. But then Disney caught on to people making pre-park opening ADRs for Be Our Guest breakfast in order to get into new Fantasyland before everyone else, they raised their prices to a completely ridiculous level and the quality quickly went downhill during our following visit. My lunch there last year was much better. But I'll never do BoG breakfast again!

lilypgirl

Sunshine Season and Columbia Harbor House are in my opinion the only decent park CS options. I am one of the few Disney fans I guess not overly impressed with their food options with in the parks.

The only truly bad experience I've ever had at a quick service place was Be Our Guest breakfast. Totally overpriced for cold food meant to be hot and very small portions. We went for breakfast in their early days and it was great. But then Disney caught on to people making pre-park opening ADRs for Be Our Guest breakfast in order to get into new Fantasyland before everyone else, they raised their prices to a completely ridiculous level and the quality quickly went downhill during our following visit. My lunch there last year was much better. But I'll never do BoG breakfast again!

Agree 100%. Overpriced and terrible and will never be back. Beautiful restaurant though...

DisneyJill

All CS options are not created equal some are more lackluster than others whether due to atmosphere or general bland menu. IMHO the restaurants below tend to be either the worst offenders or somewhere caught leaning to mediocre but in a pinch I'm sure you can find something that's at least edible even if just a Burger, Hotdog and fries!

MK - Cosmic Ray's (the food isn't horrible but isn't great either and options are limited) however much like my other choice for the Magic Kingdom it gets really crowded and loud.
Pinocchio Village Haus (though the Flatbreads are better than the bubble bread pizza they offer elsewhere) this place also gets packed and can be overwhelming.

Epcot - Electric Umbrella and Liberty Inn (the food isn't bad so much as it's limited in variety and there are so many better options around the park) Also I just don't care for EU's overall look but alas both are being reimagined into new offerings in the coming future.

Catalina Eddies and Pizza Rizzo's (where you can find the famous bready bubble pizzas)

DAK - Pizzafari (pizza isn't great, pastas are bland and the other options are just ehhh)

literally my exact list. :) pizza rizzo's and pizzafari aren't necessarily :depressed: to me, but they are just meh.

GeoDonJac34

Good list. I've tried all those places and don't plan on returning, although I do want to try the loaded galaxy fries at Cosmic Ray's.

CaptainAmerica

Cosmic Ray's dinner is nothing like Cosmic Ray's lunch. The rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans is, in my opinion, the best QS menu item in WDW.

JIMINYCR

ABC commissary pretty much heads all the Disney food site reviews as best of the worst.
I also avoid Sunset Ranch markets, Rosies, Catalina Eddies and Fairfax Fare
Besides those I tend to avoid Pinocchios Village Haus to eat but I go only to see the Jiminy murals on the walls.
Pizza Rizzos has declined greatly and Pizzafari has never been near one of my go to spots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom