Quick Question about Art of Animation / Pop Century

DisneyDadOhio

Original Poster
We are staying at AofA in a little over a week and on the map I can see it is close to Pop Century. I've been told that if the buses for AofA are full and there is a wait that you can get on a Pop Century bus and it's a pretty easy walk over to AofA. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a shortcut back through an area because I know from staying down at other properties, usually the map doesn't show the true distance.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There's a bridge across Hourglass Lake near the main pool and Nemo rooms. It's not a pretty walk right now due to construction for the gondola station.

I don't know why you'd ever want to do this. Pop Century has many more rooms than Art of Animation (due to Art of Animation's larger family suites) and I can't imagine you'd actually save any time by walking to the other resort to wait in their bus line, which is probably just as long.

ETA: I check in to AoA on June 1. See you there!

DisneyDadOhio

Original Poster
I was thinking more on the way back later at night..sometimes you will see one station that doesn't have as many people waiting as others. I was thinking with the larger rooms at AofA that it shouldn't be as crowded for the buses, but wasn't sure. Glad I asked. We check in on June 3rd. Wanted to leave on Fri or Sat, but we have a Cub Scout function on the 2nd at a race car track and my son really didn't want to miss that.

LUVofDIS

Last year we did the opposite, the line was extremely long for POP when we were leaving HS. The station for AOA is right next to the one for POP and a full bus just left the AOA station. There were a few people in line and another bus was pulling up. We were at the end of the POP line so we just went over to the AOA line and were on the bus. We ended up having a late snack at LOF. The walk was nice until, as stated above, we got to the bridge, the walls were up. Still an enjoyable walk though.

GeoDonJac34

I have stayed at POP a few times and I have to say that I wouldn't think twice about jumping on an AofA bus to head back to POP. The walk is not bad at all. I don't know anything about current construction, but I can't see it having too much of an impact. The two resorts are pretty close to one another.

JohnD

I was thinking more on the way back later at night..sometimes you will see one station that doesn't have as many people waiting as others. I was thinking with the larger rooms at AofA that it shouldn't be as crowded for the buses, but wasn't sure. Glad I asked. We check in on June 3rd. Wanted to leave on Fri or Sat, but we have a Cub Scout function on the 2nd at a race car track and my son really didn't want to miss that.

True, but your feet may have another opinion. So the choice is, grab a Pop bus sooner with walk across Pop and the bridge to AoA or an AoA bus later with a shorter walk to your room (unless it's a Mermaid room then you have a long walk anyway).

Amos1784

We are staying at AofA in a little over a week and on the map I can see it is close to Pop Century. I've been told that if the buses for AofA are full and there is a wait that you can get on a Pop Century bus and it's a pretty easy walk over to AofA. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a shortcut back through an area because I know from staying down at other properties, usually the map doesn't show the true distance.

We have done this many times. We have stayed at both resorts and most the time the two bus stops are very close to each other at the parks. It is a short walk from AOA to Pop and at night when closures are happening if one had an extremely long line or multiple ECV's we would hop in the other. I have found though this normally works better in reverse howevre. Pop buses are normally the full ones while AOA are not, so we typically do this when staying at Pop not AOA, but it could work in your favor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom