Quick! I need answers!

robynchic

Original Poster
I'm doing some trivia for the WDWCP presentation that I have today at 11 am and 8 pm. Here's the questions and answers I have so far (if my answers are wrong, please correct me)

Movies and music
What classic Disney movie's score is not written by Disney? Sleeping Beauty

Who is Yen Sid or Chernabog? Yen Sid is the sorcerer in Sorcerer's Apprentice; Chernabog is the evil guy from Night on Bald Mountain

What movie was the last one in the Disney/Pixar contract before Disney bought Pixar? Cars

Music Questions

*playing "This is Halloween"...the new cover!* This is the most recent song commissioned by Disney for a current artist (that may appeal to younger audiences) to cover. Who is it? Marilyn Manson

*playing "Grim Grinning Ghosts"- Barenaked Ladies version* What ride is this song from? The Haunted Mansion

Parks

What ride is based on a movie, which was based on a ride? Pirates of the Caribbean

What is the Disneyland equivalent of WDW's Liberty Square called? New Orleans Square

What is the theater that the Great Movie Ride is based on? Mann's Chinese Theater

Which land in the Magic Kingdom does not have a resort to go with it? Fantasyland
--------------

Okay, I'm looking for one more park question (that's relatively easy- these are tough questions, I've been told!), and another category. I was thinking the general company, with questions like who is the new CEO of WDC, name 4-5 companies/channels that Disney owns (could be ABC, Lifetime, ESPN, History Channel...if anyone else has some they can list, that'd be cool), name all seven dwarves, what was the last film to be completely drawn and colored by hand, what was the first Disney movie that was rated PG-13, etc.

Are those good questions? Other ideas for questions would be appreciated!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sorry I missed your 11:00 deadline

From your existing questions....Cars was released after the purchase, wasn't it?

As for some additional questions...
Name all the Monorail colors?

How many Disney Parks are there currently open in the World?

How many Broadway plays based on Disney movies are currently open?

How many movies have been based on Disney park rides? (most people forget about Country Bears)

Who's castle is in WDW?....DL?

Where can you take a picture sitting with Roy Disney?

How many countries are in Epcot?

How old is Epcot?

well, that a start off the top of my head anyway.
Good Luck

Madison

Chernabog is a Slavic deity! Do you think, as a deity, he's upset that he gets no love for anything but Fantasia? I'd be a bit angry.

robynchic

Original Poster
They're not supposed to be super hard questions.

And the 11am deadline didn't matter. No one showed up to the presentation anyway. I'm getting really upset about this.

BTW, Cars was released after the purchase, but it was in the original contract.

Wilt Dasney

There's no resort corresponding to Mickey's Toontown Fair...unless you count Pop Century with all its oversized character models. (Not a MK resort, at any rate)

Wilt Dasney

I'm confused about the resort question.

It's the idea that the MK resorts are meant to correspond with a land in the park.

Contemporary = Tomorrowland (I assume)
Poly = Adventureland
Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness = Frontierland

Is there anything to match up with Liberty Square? GF seems like a stretch.

robynchic

Original Poster
Let me see if I can answer all of these questions...

When I say "land", I mean in the original context. There was no Toontown when the Magic Kingdom was made. The answer is Fantasyland. Liberty Square is so small in comparison to the other lands, they didn't make a resort out of it. And by the way, the Grand Floridian corresponds with Main St. USA.

My answer was Sleeping Beauty, because it was a single composer (Tchaikovsky). I'm not countin Fantasia because that's not a single movie, when you think about it. It's multiple short films, with different composers.

Madison

And by the way, the Grand Floridian corresponds with Main St. USA.

Aside from existing in a similar time period, there's nothing about the culture or architecture of Main Street, USA and the Grand Floridian that's alike. For the purposes of a trivia question, you can probably get away with stretching it a bit, but I don't believe there was ever any intent to mirror the lands of the Magic Kingdom in its resorts.

robynchic

Original Poster
Aside from existing in a similar time period, there's nothing about the culture or architecture of Main Street, USA and the Grand Floridian that's alike. For the purposes of a trivia question, you can probably get away with stretching it a bit, but I don't believe there was ever any intent to mirror the lands of the Magic Kingdom in its resorts.
If you go on Astro Orbiter, you can see the different resorts and corresponding lands align.

Irrawaddy Erik

If you go on Astro Orbiter, you can see the different resorts and corresponding lands align.

Wouldn't you need to flip the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian to make them align. Plus Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge would have to be on the opposite corner to be aligned with Frontierland.

WDWFREAK53

I'm a little "iffy" about the ride that's based on a movie that was based on a ride.

Wouldn't "Haunted Mansion" also be an answer? Or are you talking about the Pirates redo?

How about...What Monorail was the only one to have two different colors in it's stripe?

Lime...in the past, lime had a blue delta. Now, along with Coral...it has a white one. (Looked better with blue :lookaroun )

What is the maximum amount of people allowed in the cab of the monorail?

Madison

The ride spins in a circle, so it's not implausible that something like that might happen.

The original master plan for the resort included resorts with asian and venetian theming -- neither of which correspond to any existing or planned elements in the Magic Kingdom.

I will agree that the single hotel typically visible from within the park, the Contemporary, was designed as an appropriate backdrop for Tomorrowland. However, given that you can't see the Grand Floridian from most places within the park and that it's architectural style and locale do not remotely match Main Street, USA, I'm exceptionally skeptical it was intended to match the park in any way as similar.

I know it's just a trivia question, but I think it's an imagined convenience rather than documented intent.

drnilescrane

Wing Chao, Disney's Senior Architect, asserts in "Building a Dream" by Beth Dunlop (1996, Hyperion Press) that the Grand Floridian was intended to correspond with Main Street.

Madison

Wing Chao, Disney's Senior Architect, asserts in "Building a Dream" by Beth Dunlop (1996, Hyperion Press) that the Grand Floridian was intended to correspond with Main Street.

Oh, Wing! That's too bad -- they don't go well together, I think.

I wish I had my copy of the book within reach; it'd be interesting to read again about why he thought that was a good idea.

Thanks for the reference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom