Trip Report Quick 2 day Disneyland Paris- September 2017

Hello everybody,

I know that this forum's sub-folder is not the correct one but the DLRP-section is quite a bit dead when it comes to TR's. Just a small heads up ( and for who might be interested), I planned a 2 day trip ( 26 Sept. - 27 Sept.) to Disneyland Paris. I will spend the night in the New York Hotel. Will try to document it as good as possible with pictures of the parcs and the hotel.

Honestly, I haven't been to the New York Hotel in ages so I'm very eager to stay there again before they execute the transformation to a "Marvel Theme". I booked it through the Disney telephone line. I got a small upgrade from a standard room to a Plaza room. It should be overlooking the Rockefeller plaza and not a parking lot or such.

Anyways, will keep you posted. It won't be as long as all the other TR's but it's always nice to see how the other parcs are doin' around the world.

Greetings,

Laurence

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
You are more than welcome to put a DLP TR in this section
It does get a lot more foot traffic and we have been posting DLR, DLP, HKDL, SDL and TDL trip reports here for some time now

Looking forward to this TR
I lost track of your last one and did not find out how the trip ended.

Max

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
56AD0641-B3BB-405D-BFBA-545E2FC0E5EE.jpeg

Luggage, check! Minnie ears, check! Off we go!

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Good Day/ afternoon/ Evening everybody!

Thanks for the cheers from the other side of the ocean:joyfull: ! I just returned from Disneyland Paris ! After a rather long ride home ( 4,5 hours instead of the usual 3), I will start the TR. The photos will be a mixture of Iphone and Camera. As usual, don't expect a graphic masterpiece, those kuddos goes to other, far more experienced photographers;). I don't have much on-rides as I rather prefer enjoying the attractions through my own eyes rather than lenses from a non-human item :cool:. If I have on-rides it probably meant that A) the vehicle wasn't moving due to interruption or B) too many boats were waiting in line to enter the arrival/departure station.

So, blablabla, let's begin! I

Last edited:

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Tuesday 26 September 2017

After a somewhat terrible night ( could be from the Disney nerves of the very persistent mosquito), I got up at 6.30 AM. Normally, when I do a 1-day trip, I get up at 5 to be in DLP by 8 AM. That's when the EMH kick in. But this time was different. I didn't have to hurry because for the second time this year, I could sleepover at the most magical place on earth. Happy as a kid, I drove easily to Paris.
IMG_4004.JPG

"Prochaine sortie, Disneyland Paris".. Well thank you GPS/ Road Sign!

Within 3 hours and some minutes, I presented myself at the gates of the New York Hotel. After a regular bag check ( nothing special to declare mister security), I went to the check-in counter. As DLP still lives in a prehistoric area, there is still no way to open your room with Magic Bands, nor the possibility to receive texts that the room was ready... Anyway, after a short wait in the check-in line, I had a lovely CM who processed my reservation. Apparently the woman who I spoke to when reserving my room, gave me a 4 persons room. As far as I'm aware, I can't split myself yet to use 2 beds at the same time. So, the CM starts clicking and clicking. I got a bit scared that my reservation was bogus or something. Instead of giving me a regular 2p room, she tells me that I will get an upgrade to a suite. A suite here is known as a larger room with a view on the garden. She told me these rooms are located in a more quiet area. Not to be confused with the Club level ( floors 4-6). "OK" I though. As long as I could sleep well, I was happy. Room 3154 was mine for 2 days. As I found the room 3154, I opened the door. She might/could/shouldnhave mentioned that a bit bigger meant actually 60 m2 bigger. Don't think my living space area in my apartment is that big. This room was HUUUGGEEEEE!
DSC02049.JPG

View from the entrance hall to the main living space
DSC02051.JPG

Living area/sleep area
DSC02052.JPG

View from outside the window
DSC02056.JPG

Bathoom numero uno
DSC02050.JPG

Bathroom number two.

When analyzing the room a bit more I found another door that was probably an adjacent room for the kids, hence the second smaller bathroom.

So personal opinion. I really like the size of this room. Feeling like a princess is not impossible with a room size like that but, the room is dated and you can clearly see that the room ( and the hotel itself) really needs some structural TLC to revalue its potential. Also the placement of the windows is rather odd as they only allow light to fall in for 50% of the room. Even during the day it felt very darkish when
I was in the sleeping area. Hence, and I don"t want want to sound snobbish, the Disneyland Hotel is still my favo go to hotel. I do need to say that I only visited those hotels so my opinion is very much impaired:oops:.

So, after some little exploring in the room, I got ready to hit the parks!

Attachments

• DSC02050.JPG
    DSC02050.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Going to DLP during the weekdays, gives you the advantage that the crowds are less than visiting the Parks on Saturday. General remark : I don't think one child in Spain went to school those those days as the parks were flooded with Spanish speaking children...

By the time I was in the Disneyland Park, it was around noon. Normally I/we start with the haunted mansion but I first needed to make a quick stop at the FP section of BTM. Standy-by line was 30 minutes. I decided to grab my FP and then focus a bit on the new scenery in Frontierland. As the 25th anniversary of Disney is mainly located in Mainstreet, The Halloween decorations needed to relocate to Frontierland. Hereunder a short overview of the decorations:
DSC02067.JPG

Hello Fellas! Care to sing a song for us?
DSC02068.JPG

My dear spooky Madam, your pooches are to die for:D:D
DSC02069.JPG

Okay this one is just cute ! Shout out too all the newlyweds!

So Disney&Pixar are launching a new film " Coco". DLP really stuck their head out in making beautiful props with the Coco theming.
DSC02070.JPG

DSC02072.JPG
DSC02076.JPG
DSC02078.JPG

( oh , a lost spooky.. my bad)!

So after I spent some time looking at all those spooky creatures, I decided to wait in the stand-by line of BTM. By tradition I chose the left side of the queue... what I should have known ( but subconsciously neglected) was that both queues were formed into one final queue when approaching the train station/loading area. And off course the left lane needed to mend in the right lane who apparently were not that eager to let us in... the persons who were just beside me when splitting into the two lanes were at least 3 trains a head of me( grrmmbbll):devilish::devilish:.
IMG_4015.JPG

Never noticed before that there was "another" prop entrance called "Baby Doe Mine". It almost sound cute the mining business of the Wild Wild West!
IMG_4016.JPG

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Back to the TR : after my 30 minute wait in the Wild West, I returned safe and sound on DLP ground. Now, where was that tradition i was talking about? Oh yes, Haunted Mansion !
DSC02079.JPG

As a frequent HM guest, I made the remark ( to myself) that when entering the HM, in the pre-scenery attraction, the voice sound was back! it has been mute for aaa loongg time! Well done HM maintenance ! So off we were into the deep, dark areas of the HM. Another new for me was, the main scene ( don't know if this is also at WDW/DL/..) when the "ghost" are dancing and eating, 2 ghosts are hanging at the chandelier. A woman holding a glass of wine ( whatelse my fair lady) and the gentleman just casually sitting there. Proof that even after hundreds of time, you still find new things that you haven't seen before!
Some impressions of HM:

Only three of the four statues were lit ( and working), this was fixed the day after!
DSC02089.JPG
DSC02093.JPG

When looking at the second picture, dear lord I can't take any proper ones when moving.. Also the Iphone is not my best companion when taking pictures in moving spooky mobiles.

After my HM pause, I stared to feel a bit hungry. Haven't eaten since 6.45 AM, I felt my stomach hurl for food by 1.30 PM.

WARNING : food pictures will mainly be, half eaten subjects as I am an impatient person when it comes to food... also the focus was not on food these 2 days.. hence the fast food type lunch
IMG_4018.JPG

It was " 8 chicken nuggets and more fries"...

Attachments

• DSC02088.JPG
    DSC02088.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 23

fractal

Following!

Room looks great - extra room is also appreciated.

Enjoying the photos. - I'm the same way with food; start munching then "wait - I need to take a pic." :D

amjt660

Premium Member
Thanks Laurence for taking the time to post and keep us up to speed on DLP
I agree with your assessment of the New York hotel based on your pictures
We stayed at the Sequoia in 2011 and it was in decent shape and the theming was OK
I have not stayed at Disneyland hotel but probably would if we returned.
Enjoying the photos. - I'm the same way with food; start munching then "wait - I need to take a pic." :D
Count me in on this one. I am on a see food diet - I see the food and eat it - no time for pictures - the food is getting cold!!

Max

Last edited:

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
I'm in! Just love seeing all the different Disney parks. I think that Haunted Mansion looks amazing from the outside!
Well Haunted Mansion looks, I guess, a bit smaller than the one in WDW and DL? It does have the advantage that it is located on a hill.. makes it still look a bit majestic?! Is that even a word? Anyhow, the attraction itself is great but I sometimes feel that you miss some stuff as it is too dark. Don't know if the scene with the clapping doors is also at WDW/DL but I can only see one of the 3 doors in the beginning and only because you really hear it clapping. And some sound effects are missing but that's maybe because I go very frequently.

Thanks Lauren for taking the time to post and keep us up to speed on DLP
I agree with your assessment of the New York hotel based on your pictures
We stayed at the Sequoia in 2011 and it was in decent shape and the theming was OK
I have not stayed at Disneyland hotel but probably would if we returned.

Count me in on this one. I am on a see food diet - I see the food and eat it - no time for pictures - the food is getting cold!!

Max

Hey Max! thanks for following along ! the NY hotel will undergo a Massive refurb coming 2018-2020. But it's going to be a Marvel themed hotel:depressed::depressed::depressed:. So maybe will need to try out the Newport Bay once when I'm alone again or else back to the Disneyland Hotel ( if my wallet says yes..).

The see food diet.. why does that sound soo good? Haha:joyfull::joyfull:

Following!

Room looks great - extra room is also appreciated.

Yeah photo quality is "decent", you would have done a better job but for documentary purposes my pics are "OK".. haha ! Thank you for following!

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
September 26 2017 cont'd

So after a very satisfying meal and a small lunch break, I decided to explore Adventure land. My intention was to go to POTC. As it has been open again since the end of July 2017, I only had one chance to visit it during my August trip. The refurb is.. well amazing. By far the best refurb since long for DLP.
DSC02095.JPG

Hidy Ho Adventure Isle!
DSC02096.JPG

Hello Cabane de Robinson. How are you doing today?
DSC02097.JPG

There it is, POTC:inlove::inlove:

DSC02098.JPG
DSC02099.JPG

Once I was approaching POTC, I already knew something was wrong. It was too eerie in this area for a normally crowded POTC. And my suspicions were right! The POTC was down due to a technical issue. This would be the case the whole day.. grrrrr:banghead: !

So, what to do next? I considered Indiana Jones but the ride itself is really hard and gives me quite an impact on my shoulders and neck. So I left this option behind and went to Fantasyland. Now Peter Pan is off to Neverland, so I took out a place to sit to enjoy some time when eating my dessert. Sugar popcorn! I always want to take some but never did so far this year.Now I indulged on a sugar rush while I took another small pause ( God makes me feel lazy right)?
DSC02101.JPG

"Wendy, John & Michael are off to Neverland. See you soon!"
DSC02103.JPG

Had a pretty good view on Alice from where I was sitting ( and munching on my popcorn). She was very interactive with the guests. Very expressive Alice!

A bit more to the left of where Alice was standing, The Meet Micky Mouse Venue was in full swing! And, for once, the stand-by line was not approaching 80 to 100 minutes but only a 30 minutes. I saw many happy kids and parents get out of the place. Well done Mickey!

DSC02104.JPG

A bit more to the right of where Alice is standing, is, obviously, the Curious Labyrinth. A real recommendation, if you want to get lost. Sadly a lot of people cheat and use the disabled pass through to make some shortcuts.. They miss quite a lot!

DSC02105.JPG

DSC02106.JPG

After I finished my popcorn, It was 3.10 PM ! Where did the time go? I have an appointment with BTM, Laurence! Hurry Hurry up!

No pictures from BTM but the Fastpass train, located on the right of the loading area, has a better start than the one on the left hand side. The drop into the dark when going underneath the lake, is quicker and more intense than the left start. Jusst soo you know! And off course, the back of the train ( as from wagon 9-10) is a plus!

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
After my 2nd trip to BTM today ( scoree!), I went back to Fantasy land to explore some attractions that I don't do frequently. More precise : Le Pays des contes de Fées and Casey Jr. The first one is a boat ride along some fairy tales in miniature style. The other one is a train ride for smaller kids. The track goes around the Pays des contes de Fées! Obviously the attractions are made for the younger section of the Guests but I enjoyed it !
IMG_4021.JPG
IMG_4023.JPG
IMG_4030.JPG
IMG_4031.JPG
IMG_4032.JPG

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
So after my mini-me attractions, I went over to the Chateau for another first ! It was time for the 'The Starlit Princess Waltz'. Before I insert the pictures, I need to say this. This is a must do! Even if you are a grown-up ! The brochure says the following about the Waltz : "Lead your young monarchs to Royal Castle Stage for a fairy tale waltz with Disney Princesses".. Aka a very nicely performed waltz by the Princesses!

Oh okay, I'm a fan of the real-life dresses of the Princesses. Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty are my favorites!
DSC02112.JPG

Oh Hello Rosie and Louis!

DSC02115.JPG

The Royal Guards and Oh hello Sleeping Beauty. Also Kudos to the CM who impersonated Sleeping Beauty. She really executed the dance choreography like a pro!

DSC02118.JPG

DSC02120.JPG
Hello Cinderella!
DSC02123.JPG
DSC02124.JPG
DSC02125.JPG
Even their Princes joined the Waltz!
DSC02126.JPG
DSC02128.JPG

If you are eager to see the full show : .

Some Frequent DLP goers ( and fellow Belgians), made an excellent video of the Starlit Waltz. Kuddos to dlrpfans!

Last edited:

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
After the very good show of the Starlit Waltz, I went over to It's a small World. 5 minute wait only ! Let's hop on to take a tour around the world!
DSC02131.JPG
DSC02137.JPG

Welcome my Dear Friends! Bienvenue!
DSC02144.JPG
DSC02148.JPG
DSC02152.JPG

Max (@amjt660 ), It is me or does the Moose looks like he ain't givin' zero f***cks?
DSC02155.JPG

Was too late to photograph the Football animatronics, so instead I pictured the ones from Hollywood.
DSC02157.JPG
DSC02160.JPG

Au revoir IASM!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom