Questions

Esmeralda_18

Original Poster
I'm thinking of doing the spring semester and have to start worrying about it early because I live in an apartment with my fiance. He's going to attempt to get into the internship, as well, but I have a few questions:
1. How difficult is it to get into the program? Does having a family member working at Disney help your chances?
2. How strict are the rules at the housing complexes? I've been living with this guy for six months and don't particularly want to go if I can't even see him all that often.
3. About how much free time is there? Like, honest free time to just hang about. Part of the reason I want to be in the program is that I love Disney and come to the park often to use in photography. Is there enough free time to be able to cruise the parks, or is just really busy?
4. Rules in general for the apartment complexes, how does that work? Haven't lived in any kind of dorm or whatever in about six months.
Thanks!

kal1484

If he is staying OFF disney, you can stay with him I believe without paying rent, just let them know ASAP. Of course you can still live with him but you'd just have to pay your rent still. I know some who let their bf/gf stay with them overnight while both were on the program, but it's not allowed so be careful. Apartment complex has pretty tight, but just don't get caught doing anything you're not supposed too. :wave:

As for the time, you work 40/50 hours a week so every other time is yours. :wave:

Esmeralda_18

Original Poster
How easy is it to get ourselves into the same housing complex if we both stay on site? I know there's three, but is there any way to make a preference of some kind?
It's really not as much about the staying overnight as it is my family is very protective and wants someone to stay near me "just in case", so as long as it's the same complex, it's fine.
A few more odd questions.
1. Rules on incence, candles, etc?
2. How are the jobs scheduled? Do they tend to give the college kids certain times of the day or is it just random and depending on each student?
3. Is it really hard to get into the program? If we have good grades and go through the interview well, is it like guarenteed or is it still difficult?

Well, I'm guessing your both from the US, which means The Commons are out (they're pretty much just for International Programers). If you guys are both under 21, it'll be easy: You'll go straight to Chatham, the "wellness" apartments. However, if one or both of you are over 21, I've heard of people requesting to get into a preferred complex and get it, since there was a spot open...good luck!

1. No candles or incense, period. It's a fire hazard, and I've heard of people getting terminated because inspectors found a candle with a bruned wick in a drawer.
2. No idea...but we probably get the crap shifts.
3. Again, no idea...but as long as your grades aren't awful, and you seem geniunly excited in your interview, you should be good to go!

joanna71985

Esmeralda_18 said:
How easy is it to get ourselves into the same housing complex if we both stay on site? I know there's three, but is there any way to make a preference of some kind?
It's really not as much about the staying overnight as it is my family is very protective and wants someone to stay near me "just in case", so as long as it's the same complex, it's fine.
A few more odd questions.
1. Rules on incence, candles, etc?
2. How are the jobs scheduled? Do they tend to give the college kids certain times of the day or is it just random and depending on each student?
3. Is it really hard to get into the program? If we have good grades and go through the interview well, is it like guarenteed or is it still difficult?

1. No candles, incence, or anything burned whatsoever.

2. CPs are given the times that the FT/PT cast members don't want. However, that all depends on where you work. Last CP I always closed in merchandise. This CP (being in entertainment) my schedule has me working both morning and evening shifts.

3. I don't believe it is too hard to get into the CP. If you have good grades, and do well at the interview, there is a very good chance of getting in.

Taryn said:
If you guys are both under 21, it'll be easy: You'll go straight to Chatham, the "wellness" apartments. However, if one or both of you are over 21, I've heard of people requesting to get into a preferred complex and get it, since there was a spot open...good luck!

No, that's not true. I know people who were in wellness at Vista. It all depends on where they are putting people and what they preference. They try to accomodate you, but again- it all depends.

Esmeralda_18

Original Poster
He'll be over 21 and I'll be under 21 but he would request a wellness room anyways (religious beliefs against alcohol, etc.)
Ok...this is a REALLY awkward question but...
I'm Pagan, and I have a small altar I keep for worship purposes and I take it around with me. No candles, no incense, nothing sharp, just a few statues and some flowers. Now, I tried to keep that with me at my college's dorm but I was told that no "cult objects" were allowed and was told to remove it. Does Disney World have some sort of policy like that or would my religious beliefs me respected?
I don't know if ANYONE would know the answer to that, but some unpleasantries (like a Bible with some nasty words written on top being left in my room) have taught me to be careful.

joanna71985 said:
No, that's not true. I know people who were in wellness at Vista. It all depends on where they are putting people and what they preference. They try to accomodate you, but again- it all depends.

Ah, sorry. Always listen to the person who's actually been, as opposed to the girl whose just been surfing the internet obsessively :eek:

Darwin

Esmeralda_18, getting into the program is not too difficult. I think the recuriters like to see people that are very happy, excited, animated, because they are going to be working with guests and want people with excellent customer service. As far as I know, they don't even look at grade (other wise I probably wouldn't have been accepted :)). I'm not to sure on housing. I knew a married couple that were able to get the same room for that reason, but I know know if they checked for a marriage certificate. When I went, my girlfriend (at that time) went as well. I was in Chatham and she was suppose to be in Vista Way, but she did the puppy dog eyes to the guy and he gave her a room in Chatham where a girl left the program early. So were weren't in the same apt or building, but they are all close in the complexes. Like the others said, obey the rules and you won't reap concequences. As far as I know, my work schedule was 5 days out of 7. The two days off were next to each other. You'll have plenty of time to chill in the parks, even take a Disney Cruise, which I highly recommend. I think your statue of worship should be okay. I don't think they discriminate against religion. I'm Mormon and my managers were even good about giving me time off to go to church there in Orlando and arrive at work later. Hope all works out for you. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom