Questions: Ticket Price Increase and MVMCP '09

wickedfan07

I have two questions for anyone who is willing to assist:

My family is planning a trip to WDW for December 2009. (We are planning on staying off-site.) We would probably purchase our admission mdia as soon as we know we will be making the trip. Suppose there is a ticket price increase on August 1. Is there an expiration date in the tickets? By that I mean will we suddenly be forced to pay the difference between the old price and new price if we do not begin using the tickets within a certain amount of time? I would tend to doubt it, but I just wanted to be sure.

Also, we're trying to decide is going to MVMCP is actually worth the extra $50-ish. I know most everyone around here absolutely rave about the party, and I would probably go in a heartbeat. My parents and siter on the other hand will be a tougher sell, since they are not quite as WDw-obsessed as I am. So, what specifically did you all like about the MVMCP and/or what do you think makes it worth the extra money? It's either this or SeaWorld, and we haven't done either in over ten years.

Thanks for your help!

bgraham34

For me spending the extra money is definately worth it. What i usually do is not go into the parks on the day the show is going on. Usually because I have a 10 day no expire ticket so I don't want to waste one of those days. But its worth it to me because for 1 I get to be in the MK at night at until midnight. The Fireworks and parades are fun to see and heck its decked out for Christmas.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I have two questions for anyone who is willing to assist:

My family is planning a trip to WDW for December 2009. (We are planning on staying off-site.) We would probably purchase our admission mdia as soon as we know we will be making the trip. Suppose there is a ticket price increase on August 1. Is there an expiration date in the tickets? By that I mean will we suddenly be forced to pay the difference between the old price and new price if we do not begin using the tickets within a certain amount of time? I would tend to doubt it, but I just wanted to be sure.

Also, we're trying to decide is going to MVMCP is actually worth the extra $50-ish. I know most everyone around here absolutely rave about the party, and I would probably go in a heartbeat. My parents and siter on the other hand will be a tougher sell, since they are not quite as WDw-obsessed as I am. So, what specifically did you all like about the MVMCP and/or what do you think makes it worth the extra money? It's either this or SeaWorld, and we haven't done either in over ten years.

Thanks for your help!

I am probably in the minority, but I don't find MVMCP to be worth the extra money. All it really is is some cookies and a parade, that's about it. MNSSHP is a far better even in my opinion with the trick or treating, great parade and fireworks, and special decorations all around the MK.

Upvote 0

dave1105

Our family enjoyed the MVMCP and thought the money was worth it. Like the poster stated earlier we don't visit a park the day we choose to go to the MVMCP.

We usually sleep in a little bit and then visit the Deluxe resorts and take pics of them all decorated up. Then we have an early dinner and head for the park around 5pm.

Unless they change things you can get into the park around 4pm with your MVMCP ticket. Then around 7pm they herd the non ticket holders out of the park.

Upvote 0

coltow

When we go to a party we too take the day off. We go to the pool or resorts if it's raining and make sure the kids get a good afternoon rest. The ticket allows you access at 4pm.

We loved the Christmas party. There was no crowd so we had our choice of attractions. DH and DS even had their own boat on Splash so DS got to pick the row (he picked the back). The fireworks were good, but the parade I thought was fantastic. They even make it snow on Main Street.

Upvote 0

painter26

Did the MVMCP for the first time last year. never again. It is not worth the money. Plus, it was the only time I met a rude CM (I assume the photographers are CMs). She told my wife and I to move from the seat we had for the parade because we were "in her shot" of taking pictures of people in front of the castle. We could not believe that out of the thousands of people, we were in the way!!. She threated to call security if we did not move. We finally moved and guess what? within seconds, someone else took the seats.

Upvote 0
I am probably in the minority, but I don't find MVMCP to be worth the extra money. All it really is is some cookies and a parade, that's about it. MNSSHP is a far better even in my opinion with the trick or treating, great parade and fireworks, and special decorations all around the MK.

I enjoyed the MVMCP, but the MNSSHP is by far the best...

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

No I agree with you as well! We've done both, yes MVMCP is nice, love the decorations, parade and such...But MNSSHP to me me is fantastic....The first year we were there during it we ended up going twice because we enjoyed it soo much..The decorations are great...The parade especically the bit with the Headless Horseman....Oh so freaking cool! We love the music(Now it will be stuck in my head thankyou!:)) And the fireworks......Lets just say its Wishes on crack.....Its so ......Oh you just have to see it!....The candy....yeah our kids usually come home with a good amount (not that they need it, But even I got in on it!)....It is defiantly an all around great party I am so glad they started doing it in September it is now a must for us during our trip!!! You won't be dissapointed!..Now the fun is deciding what to dress up as! (For my girls and us!)

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

OHH almost forgot, you get to see many characters that you would not normally get to see during the parade as well as around the park dressed up for the party...Kanga and roo, CHristopher Robin, Daisy Duck to name a few during the parade There is quite a bit ! ...And around the park We've seen Snow White with the 7 dwarfs (yes all 7) there is quite the line for that but it goes fast.....There are dance parties going on a well with a Dj last year we went to Stitchs supersonic celebration , he was dressed up as Elvis and Pluto was there as well as donald dressed up and they were on the floor dancing around with us...Just a great time!

Upvote 0

durangojim

Didn't see this addressed, when the regular tickets increase in price, are the MNSSHP and MVMCP prices likely to increase as well? I can't remember what happened last year.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Didn't see this addressed, when the regular tickets increase in price, are the MNSSHP and MVMCP prices likely to increase as well? I can't remember what happened last year.

No - the MNSSHP and MVMCP ticket prices are released early May 2009 and those prices stay set - they do not increase with the annual increase in August.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom