Questions about recasting for medical reasons

palmtree

Original Poster
I'm a part-time merchandise cast member, and I was no longer able to work at my old location because of a medical condition. I submitted all of the necessary paperwork, was told that I could not be accommodated at that location, and that I would be recast. I was contacted by someone from Casting within a week, was interviewed, and was told I would be contacted again when they found something for me. My medical condition isn't extreme or unusual, and there are plenty of locations I could work in where it wouldn't be an issue, and I was told as much by the person I spoke to from Casting.

A full month has passed, and I haven't heard anything since then. Not only that, but I can't seem to get a hold of anyone who can tell me what is going on, even though I was given a phone number and told I was welcome to "call anytime" for updates. I left messages with the various people who are involved in my case, just hoping for a quick status update, but my calls are never returned.

I'm not sure what to do from here. Does anyone have any idea how long recasting for medical reasons usually takes? Or even more importantly, how I can finally get an update about how it's going? Being totally in the dark and not having any luck contacting anyone is the worst part. I realize they can't recast me until a job is available, but as I said, I was told that it wouldn't be difficult to find a place for me and even that "it shouldn't take too long." My life is in limbo, not knowing when or if I will be recast, and it's driving me crazy. If anyone has any advice at all for me, I would really appreciate it.

Dasnowz

You most likely have been placed on a leave for recasting. They can take up to one year to recast you from your first date off work. Send your ability case manager an email. Be very patient. They send a lot of emails around to managers and proprietors before you are cast. They want to make sure the role will match your medical needs as well as not be a burden on the area. They may have several places you can work but already have other cm in that area so they are unable to accommodate you. Also know as a part time you are guaranteed zero hours so you may wind up somewhere and get no hours there either. I know someone who was told it would be fast and it was almost 3 months.Look on the hub under hr tools and see if you are on a leave of absence. It will usually have an end date so you know the longest time they can take.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom