Questions about Princess Dinings

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
Next year when I save up enough money, I'm going to be taking my Kid Sister (5 well 6 by the time) along with me and my gf. She shares the same love for princesses that I had as a little girl, and I haven't been to a princess meet and greet dinner since the last time I ate at the castle in (the 90s?)

Her favorite princesses are Merida, Tiana, Repunzel and of course you can't live with me and not love Cinderella! Your not allowed! lol.

I'm just wondering which ones have the best menu the best setting the greatest variety of meetings and where exactly are they these days? I could look this up somewhere but I'd rather have people's opinions particularly those of princess fans and mothers with daughters. Thanks in advance, and sorry if theres a thread like this somewhere I searched I didn't find anything that helped.

Edit: oh and can she wear my old princess costumes? At what age do they stop allowing that or is it just altogether banned? (I saw young kids wearing some occasionally recently)

HouCuseChickie

Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) in MK and Akershus in Epcot are your top 2 princess meals. 1900 PF dinner is third just b/c Cindy is the only princess. Personally, CRT is tops in my book just b/c you're dining in the castle. We've done all 3 meals at CRT and Akershus...we like the food at CRT breakfast better than lunch and dinner. On the flipside, we prefer lunch and dinner at Akershus vs breakfast. What's funny, I think more people prefer breakfast at Akershus, but I think some of that is b/c their main breakfast food (outside of the cold bar) is nothing too out of the ordinary. I wouldn't call the lunch or dinner menus wild, but I think it's more interesting fare than breakfast at Akershus. CRT is signature and all of their food is made to sound signature, but so far breakfast has been the only meal to really impress us food wise.

The princess interaction is about the same in both. At CRT you meet Cindy downstairs and then 4 other princesses upstairs. At Akershus, you usually meet Belle first and then there are 4 princesses meeting in the dining room. CRT does a wand and wishing star ceremony while Akershus does a princess parade. Both also afford you a complimentary photo, but at CRT you also go home with your wand and wishing star.

Merida, Tiana and Rapunzel aren't known to frequent either meal. For CRT, you're most likely to see Jasmine, Snow White, Aurora, and Ariel upstairs and at Akershus, you're most likely to see Snow White, Jasmine, Ariel, Aurora, or Cinderella in the dining room.

Hope this helps.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) in MK and Akershus in Epcot are your top 2 princess meals. 1900 PF dinner is third just b/c Cindy is the only princess. Personally, CRT is tops in my book just b/c you're dining in the castle. We've done all 3 meals at CRT and Akershus...we like the food at CRT breakfast better than lunch and dinner. On the flipside, we prefer lunch and dinner at Akershus vs breakfast. What's funny, I think more people prefer breakfast at Akershus, but I think some of that is b/c their main breakfast food (outside of the cold bar) is nothing too out of the ordinary. I wouldn't call the lunch or dinner menus wild, but I think it's more interesting fare than breakfast at Akershus. CRT is signature and all of their food is made to sound signature, but so far breakfast has been the only meal to really impress us food wise.

The princess interaction is about the same in both. At CRT you meet Cindy downstairs and then 4 other princesses upstairs. At Akershus, you usually meet Belle first and then there are 4 princesses meeting in the dining room. CRT does a wand and wishing star ceremony while Akershus does a princess parade. Both also afford you a complimentary photo, but at CRT you also go home with your wand and wishing star.

Merida, Tiana and Rapunzel aren't known to frequent either meal. For CRT, you're most likely to see Jasmine, Snow White, Aurora, and Ariel upstairs and at Akershus, you're most likely to see Snow White, Jasmine, Ariel, Aurora, or Cinderella in the dining room.

Hope this helps.

Or sword. Princes and Kings (guys) get plastic swords for the wishing ceremony at CRT.

momof1princess

Agree on all points with above post, plus dining in the castle is awesome for kids and your sister is at a great age to get into the magic! The other princesses you mentioned are easy to meet in the Magic Kingdom also. And yes, she can wear a costume, but you may want to bring a change of clothes if she may get uncomfortable or hot.

HouCuseChickie

Or sword. Princes and Kings (guys) get plastic swords for the wishing ceremony at CRT.

Good call- I always forget about the sword. In all honesty, I think DD4 would prefer one but she's always automatically given a wand...which may be a good thing since wand wars between sisters seem far less dangerous. ;)

Agree on all points with above post, plus dining in the castle is awesome for kids and your sister is at a great age to get into the magic! The other princesses you mentioned are easy to meet in the Magic Kingdom also. And yes, she can wear a costume, but you may want to bring a change of clothes if she may get uncomfortable or hot.

Very true about costume changes! Our girls were fine with them during cold weather trips since they had softer clothing underneath, but I remember DD4 literally itching to get out of her Ariel gown when we did dinner during Aug 2011. Which reminds me of another interesting point...

When we did CRT lunch and dinner, there were tons of little girls in princess dresses. Many had done BBB earlier while others just had really good non BBB princes makeovers beforehand (I did this for DD4 back when she was 2 and too young for BBB). What was interesting...when we did the 8:05a at CRT none of the girls were in princess attire. Maybe it was a fluke, but I think so many people are trying to get into BBB before CRT that the first seating of the day just has less pressure when it comes to things like that. On the flipside...when we did Akershus breakfast (also the 8:05a) we saw more girls in princess attire than we ever saw at lunch or dinner. Like I siad- Maybe it was just a fluke, but I thought it was worth noting.

Fairybuzz

Original Poster

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much!
We will most likely wind up going to both Aker and the Royal table! I will also most likely have a hard time containing my excitement! (My gf is very nice to humor me lol)
I'm so glad to hear that the royal table is still there, some of my fondest memories are of the times I Dinned in the actual castle! when I was younger I recall it was an all characters breakfast as well, but It made more sense when they changed it. All the times I ate there was for breakfast sometimes we watched the Sword and the Stone get pulled out! I never outgrew my tiara :D and Am reallly looking forward to this!
Like you said I'll probably do breakfast at the castle The light shines in very well in the morning and really shows the beauty of the place glass windows and all!
It is unfortunate that Merida Tiana and Rep aren't there but she is really a fan of all the princesses and I'm sure she'll love it! Jasmine is another fav of hers I forgot to mention, but she loves them all. I can't wait to see her face when she meets Cindy!
Akershus for me would be good to do at night. I always do Future world first and then finish up around world showcase leaving me ready to grab a spot for Illuminations. Thats how I did it when I was a kiddo, but back then I remember we did Body wars, then Food rocks, then we ate at the umbrella then went to maelstrom. I think this year we'll hit Soarin then Imagination then wind up in World showcase just in time.
What is the princess parade like? It sounds cute!

Yeah I remember being a bit itchy after a while. Especially with the long gown it'd warm up pretty fast. The Cinderella costume I have has the short puffy sleeves which also create heat lol. My tinkerbell one wasn't as bad because its skirt was very short but I hated wearing the leggings so I just took them off. Still its thick its not like wearing a T. So your totally right on that, Its always better to be safe and not make my mistake again!

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
Good call- I always forget about the sword. In all honesty, I think DD4 would prefer one but she's always automatically given a wand...which may be a good thing since wand wars between sisters seem far less dangerous. ;)

Very true about costume changes! Our girls were fine with them during cold weather trips since they had softer clothing underneath, but I remember DD4 literally itching to get out of her Ariel gown when we did dinner during Aug 2011. Which reminds me of another interesting point...

When we did CRT lunch and dinner, there were tons of little girls in princess dresses. Many had done BBB earlier while others just had really good non BBB princes makeovers beforehand (I did this for DD4 back when she was 2 and too young for BBB). What was interesting...when we did the 8:05a at CRT none of the girls were in princess attire. Maybe it was a fluke, but I think so many people are trying to get into BBB before CRT that the first seating of the day just has less pressure when it comes to things like that. On the flipside...when we did Akershus breakfast (also the 8:05a) we saw more girls in princess attire than we ever saw at lunch or dinner. Like I siad- Maybe it was just a fluke, but I thought it was worth noting.

Gina probably won't mind if she's the only one in a costume. I was the only one in a costume sometimes but it just made me feel special. :D

I'm just happy to know its still allowed. Now if only people my age were allowed lol. I can see why they don't its obvious that they would be confused for costumed characters and that could be really bad.

She is going to love this :) I really hope to bring her the same magical feelings I had as a little girl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom