Questions about PO-FQ

Belle13

I was able to get a great discount rate at PO-FQ for Oct 27-Nov 3rd.

We have never stayed at this resort, but have at PO-R twice and loved it.

I have a few questions...
a) what is the most convenient buildings for a standard view, that would still be nice. (my discount will only allow a standard view room)---oh and it will be non smoking (medical purposes)
b) how is the food court?
c) how is the bus transportation?
d) how is the pool, hottub, and pool bar?
e) how are the rooms?

Thanks for any info, insight, and opinions!

Pioneer Hall

Just stayed there in Augut and really liked it. The hotel is nice and very small so whatever building you are in you are never far from everything. The food court is good and has plenty of selections. And buy the refillable mugs...they're a lifesaver. The bus transportation is very good because it goes only to the 2 PO hotels. And the boat to DTD is also wonderful. The pool is very nice, but the slide is very small and short. Nothing compared to the other resorts. You can also go to Riverside and use the pool there. The main building is very nice and there is music playing (live by a jazz musician) at least 3 times a week. The rooms are the same size as all the moderates and are very nice.

Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0

goonsquads57

POFQ is GREAT! We've stayed there 5 out of the last 6 years we've gone and love it. It's the smallest resort on the property, but that's what makes it attractive to us. The pool is nice, I agree that the water slide isn't the greatest, but everything else makes it well worth the stay. The boat ride on the sassagoula river to DTD is very nice, especially at dusk. Take from me, you shouldn't be dissappointed.

Upvote 0

goonsquads57

Sorry. No information on when it will re-open. I contacted Disney last week, asking if POFQ would be open during December 2002, when we go. The e-mail response was..."we show rooms currently available during that time, but we can't guarantee that things won't change between now and then." So I really didn't get an answer to my question. I hope they don't decide to make it a "seasonal" resort.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

When I spoke to someone on the phone from Disney they said they are not sure...but obviously it will be because they are giving out rooms for that time.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We stayed there 5 years ago, when the only way we could get reservations was half the week at DL and move over to PO for the last 3 days.

The move was easy. What I do remember was our room was as far out as you could get, last building, last room. Even then it really wasn't too bad, just felt like it becuase everyone else was closer!:lol:

The food court is fine, but smaller then Riverside.
The pool is good for young kids. (not babies)
The buildings have 3 floors and a little bit harder to get at then the ones with 2. (no elevator.)
Fun theme. Still DL is my fav mod resort.

Upvote 0

Lance

Nice resort, I love the theming.

I Don't use the buses, pool isn't the best, when i want to swim, I drive over to the Y&B club. The rooms are nice, I thought the food court was fine. NO PINBALL in the arcade killed me. Overall, I wasn't at all disappointed with the French Quarter.

BUT..... and a big but, I did make it over to Riverside and checked it out. And I was disappointed I didn't stay there, they have a killer food court, and a better arcade.

Upvote 0

Lance

That would of made it a lot better, I was running over to Riverside everytime I had time to waste to play the Episode 1 pinball.

Upvote 0

Belle13

Original Poster
We have stayed in PO-R twice before, we are trying to sample all resorts (save AS) before repeating again. Thanks for the info. We don't use the game room anyway, and as for the pool, as long as our 8 yo likes it and the pool bar is open, we will be happy!

Upvote 0

goonsquads57

POFQ elevators

POFQ DOES have elevators in each building. They are centrally located. The inconvenience comes when you actually have to walk PAST your room to get to the elevator, then back to your room. Most of the time, we found it easier to just use the stairs. If we had our arms full, or had had a long day, then we'd opt for the elevator. Just an FYI

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom