Questions About Drinking Water

il grande chuck

Ive heard several people here say that you should bring your own drinking water to WDW because it's so expensive at the parks. Someone here suggested buying and bringing Brita water bottles as a good thing since the drinking water in Orlando doesn't taste very good. This sounded like a good idea to me, but as I researched these Brita bottles, I discovered that Brita no longer makes them. :mad:

So, the alternatives are: bringing several gallons of bottled water for my family of four (a real hassle to take on a plane trip), buying bottled water at wdw (expensive), bringing empty water bottles and filling them with water while there (which supposedly doesn't taste good), or bringing a Brita pitche(kind of a hassle to pack, but do-able) and making our own water to fill our water bottles with.

So, what do you people do, and/or what do you recommend?

Thanks!

Chuck

REI or other camping outfitter

Might I suggest that you check with a store that carries camping supplies. They may not carry the Brita, but they may carry something similar. For example a camping outfitter (REI) carries in its online store the following water bottle with a filter built in. http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...category_rn=4500461&vcat=REI_SSHP_CAMPING_TOC
If that is not an option for you how about taking a Brita pitcher and just filling up a few standard water bottles before you enter the park each day. The last time we drove to Disney (and luggage space was not an issue) my wife and I did that and it worked out very will with us each taking a couple of bottles of water each day.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Depending on what time of year you go, you could catch rain water from the roof of your resort and refill your bottles......just a thought.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

KKnopf

We usually stop at the grocery store before heading to our hotel, we stock up on snacks and bottled water... If you do not have a rental car, I have heard that there are shuttles and taxi's that take you on grocery store runs...

Here is a listing of the grocery stores in the area... Thanks to allearsnet...
http://allearsnet.com/btp/grocery.htm

Upvote 0

j&bconnecticut

This might sound strange, but it works...take your ice bucket at night, fill it up, and leave it to melt. The water that disney uses in it's ice machines is filtered and doesn't have the same taste that the water fountains has. Before our last trip, I read that tip on here. I thought it sounded disgusting, but I tried it, and it was actually pretty good.

Upvote 0
I really don't mind the tap water here...I actually can't taste a difference...and I'm from Seattle, so I'm apparently used to real water, made from Mountain Springs, lol :D

Upvote 0

Braves323

I bring my own water bottle with me. I dont like the taste of Dasani water and that is what is sold in the park. I did notice a second water option at Epcot a few weeks ago while at the Food and Wine Fest. It was a little more expensive but worth it to me.

Upvote 0

octoberbarry

We brought a whole bunch of little bottles of water with us...though you could stop and get them at a store outside of the parks before you go in when you arrive...and then we put them all in the freezer, and took a few out every day. We carried those with us and had nice, very cold water all day as it melted in the FL heat...

Upvote 0

gleason406

Individual brita water bottles and the replacement filters can be found on ebay for a reasonable price....We used ours last week and when we wanted super cold water we just asked for a cup of ice to add to our brita

Upvote 0
My husband and I took the individual packs of crystal light and our own waterbottles.. So instead of sulphur-y tasting water we had iced ted or lemonade etc etc.. This saved us a lot of money on Dasani.. If you have the dining plan you can use your snack option for a bottle of water..

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Good Lord .. Crystal Lite is like powdered gold itself...(but tastes MUCH better :lol:)

Anyway...excellent idea, especially if it's already in your kitchen.

Upvote 0

LudwigVonDrake

This might sound strange, but it works...take your ice bucket at night, fill it up, and leave it to melt. The water that disney uses in it's ice machines is filtered and doesn't have the same taste that the water fountains has. Before our last trip, I read that tip on here. I thought it sounded disgusting, but I tried it, and it was actually pretty good.

I discovered this a few years ago and it works like a charm. In fact, I know I posted the tip somewhere :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom