Questions about Colleges near Disney World

Frosty689

Original Poster
Hey, I'm starting my search for college and soon I will have to make my final decision. I'm intrested a school that offers pre-med and has a very successful medical program; but I'm also looking for a school with good location. Although location wouldn't be the end all, if I could find a very good college near Disney World, I would be very excited! So please help!

TTARider

UCF is in Orlando and i'm sure they have some form of Pre-Med. Rollins College is right by Disney, but i'm not sure what majors they have. USF & Tampa University in Tampa, University of Florida in Gainsville, Bethune-Cookman (historically black) is in Daytona. Thats really all the major universities around the WDW area. Look them up and see what you like

Frosty689

Original Poster
Thanks and like I said location isn't an end all. I really need to know that there medical program is excellent. I will check them out, thanks!

jimmym27

Not only does UCF in Orlando have Pre-Med, but they just got thier own medical school approved. Sometime over the next year they will be building the medical campus fairly close to the area of the Orlando International Airport (so probably 30 minutes to Disney or less depending on traffic). I would imagine within the next year or two the medical college will be up and running and taking students (if not sooner - if you want specific details let me know and I can check as I am a student at UCF myself). If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Good luck!

Rabflmom

Thanks and like I said location isn't an end all. I really need to know that there medical program is excellent. I will check them out, thanks!
>>>>>

UF in Gainesville has a med school that is excellent and a friend of mine's son took some of his UF classes to become a pharmicist in Orlando so you might want to check out UF for classes in Orlando, too. Might want to take the general classes there and then transfer over to UCF med school when it is up and running which may take a while since it was just approved and no buildings up yet.

With traffic UCF is about a 45 minute drive from Disney. UCF has a nice campus.
Everything there is built since 1970 so most buildings are pretty new. There are over 35,000 students at the college. Most of them live off campus(only a few dorms on campus and mostly set aside for freshman). With that many kids, the new football stadium, and the new med school it should become a major player as far as colleges go, soon. It has sort of taken a back seat to UF, FSU, and Miami but its time is coming. <g>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom