Question re Park Reservations for 2021

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
If I read correctly, we will have the capability to make park reservations all the way through September of next year. Did I actually read that right? I mean, how are things going to work next summer and beyond if, as some expect, we have a vaccine by the end of this year or early next year? In such a situation, one would think the parks could and would go back to normal (ie, hopper passes, FP+, etc.) by next summer, yet there would already presumably be a lot of people with particular park reservations. How would that play out? Would they simply cancel all the park reservations and just tell everyone to start from scratch again?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I would think they would move away from park reservations once things are back to "normal" (or increase the capacity to a much higher rate at each park and allow for reservations at more than one park a day to allow for park hopping again?)

I feel like it's easier for them to set the expectation that park reservations will be necessary so that people planning trips that far in advance can plan accordingly and then remove them if no longer necessary :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If I read correctly, we will have the capability to make park reservations all the way through September of next year. Did I actually read that right? I mean, how are things going to work next summer and beyond if, as some expect, we have a vaccine by the end of this year or early next year? In such a situation, one would think the parks could and would go back to normal (ie, hopper passes, FP+, etc.) by next summer, yet there would already presumably be a lot of people with particular park reservations. How would that play out? Would they simply cancel all the park reservations and just tell everyone to start from scratch again?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
They have clearly given themselves a large window of park reservations, but at the same time, they could abort and return to all parks being open to everyone every day.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
They have clearly given themselves a large window of park reservations, but at the same time, they could abort and return to all parks being open to everyone every day.
So lets say you have park passes and park reservations for next summer, but things get back to the old "normal" before then and hopper passes are back. I wonder what would happen then? How would the park passes be converted to hopper passes? Or would people with the park passes simply be SOL?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So lets say you have park passes and park reservations for next summer, but things get back to the old "normal" before then and hopper passes are back. I wonder what would happen then? How would the park passes be converted to hopper passes? Or would people with the park passes simply be SOL?
Disney ticketing is always very complex but also can be quite flexibly, and I think they will likely have some mechanisms in place to allow people to upgrade to hoppers when that becomes available again.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Disney ticketing is always very complex but also can be quite flexibly, and I think they will likely have some mechanisms in place to allow people to upgrade to hoppers when that becomes available again.
Yet to be determined if the opposite is true for when they provide compensation to pass holders and park hopper ticket holders for not being able utilize the full capability of the purchased admission ticket.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yet to be determined if the opposite is true for when they provide compensation to pass holders and park hopper ticket holders for not being able utilize the full capability of the purchased admission ticket.
Yeah that is a different story. I think that depends on how long it goes on for and how limited availability is.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yeah that is a different story. I think that depends on how long it goes on for and how limited availability is.

I thought I heard they sent some surveys out regarding this, I can't imagine not addressing this in some capacity bodes well for guest satisfaction, especially after the massive price increases that were pushed out to everyone. Personally a free month won't cut it for me, and I don't see them lowering the prices of APs at least to address the lack of park hopping and necessity for reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom