Question on Imagineering polls

mharrington

Original Poster
When you post a thread in the Imagineering forum featuring a poll, so as to determine votes, are you obligated to go with whatever the majority picks, even if the choice in question, whatever it may be, is not necessarily the one you personally prefer?

Outbound

There are times when I have more than one good idea and I can't seem to pick just one.

In that case, only provide the ideas you are 100% willing to go with. So, if you have three ideas and love two, only post the two on the poll. Therefore you feel no obligation to choose against the votes.

mharrington

Original Poster
In that case, only provide the ideas you are 100% willing to go with. So, if you have three ideas and love two, only post the two on the poll. Therefore you feel no obligation to choose against the votes.

To be fair, there was one time where I had put out three choices on a poll, and I didn't really care for one of them, and neither did a lot of the voters, so it didn't really matter. But the other two I did like. A good example is a set of Mickey Mouse-based dark rides for WDW's Magic Kingdom, as seen here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/three-mickey-rides-which-one-is-the-best.940296/.

The results showed that one of them, Mickey's Wonder House (later Mickey's House of Wonders) at Storybook Circus seemed to be the winner, with 8 votes, while the other two, Magician Mickey's Magical Madcap Mania on Main Street (as an adjunct to the Town Square Theater, where Mickey does meet-n-greets in a stage-like setting) and Mickey's Wonderful Whirl of Color, also on Main Street, both got 2 votes each. I did not really care for Wonderful Whirl of Color, either, so that was a moot point. But I do like both House of Wonders and Magician Mickey at the same time.

One reason I was pondering Magician Mickey over House of Wonders is because it would give Main Street something more worthwhile to do, attraction wise, the vehicles (which are not always out anyway) and the WDW Railroad notwithstanding. Another reason is because I was thinking of cloning the ride for other parks in the world, such as Paris and Hong Kong. Paris has a Mickey meet-n-greet in Fantasyland, similar, if not identical, to the one on Main Street:

Of course, it may or may not still be on the table, but rumor has it that a copy of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway may be added to Disneyland Paris in Fantasyland (although I have no idea how it would fit in Fantasyland, especially one that is as European-influenced as Paris' is). If that happens, then it's a moot point, and my Mickey ride concept won't happen.

But even taking Paris out of the equation, there is also Hong Kong, where I'm pondering redoing the Animation Academy building on Main Street into a similar concept with Magician Mickey, both meet-n-greet and ride. There is no room for the House of Wonders attraction in Fantasyland, particularly since I'm trying to find a space for the Peter Pan ride somewhere. But that's another thread for another time.

My point is that I like both Mickey rides, but when I do attractions like these, whenever possible, I like to create them as if I can clone them in other Disney parks in the world.

mharrington

Original Poster
I Heard about the Runaway Railway is Coming to Paris as Well. In Fantasyland.

The problem is, if the Chinese Theater and Toontown are any indication, the Runaway Railway won't fit in Fantasyland. I hope they produce at least a small Toontown-like area to put it in.

mharrington

Original Poster

Even so, I would still need to pick just one, even if my personal choice is not necessarily the one that everyone else voted for. What about that?

Outbound

Even so, I would still need to pick just one, even if my personal choice is not necessarily the one that everyone else voted for. What about that?

Are you implying you develop a favorite after posting the poll? Because if you have a favorite before I don’t see the logic in creating a poll in the first place.

mharrington

Original Poster
Are you implying you develop a favorite after posting the poll? Because if you have a favorite before I don’t see the logic in creating a poll in the first place.

It's more complicated than that. I keep alternating between either of my choices. I am indecisive. I thought that a poll would settle this, but it doesn't.

Remember, I am viewing this from a replication standpoint, meaning where and how I can duplicate a ride in other parks in the world, not just limiting it to one park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom