Question on buying direct for older DVC resort (BCV)?

GCTales

Original Poster
Wife and I are looking to buy at BCV (next 12 - -18 mo) and are planning on buying most via resale, but wanted to get a small (e.g., the minimum 75h direct.

1. What is the willingness / likelihood of Disney to sell these older resorts?
  2. If they do, any idea of average wait list?
  3. Can we specify desired use year (want to have both new and resale on same use year so I don't have to track multiple accounts)?
  4. Any idea of average cost per point for these older BCV pts?

Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
Wife and I are looking to buy at BCV (next 12 - -18 mo) and are planning on buying most via resale, but wanted to get a small (e.g., the minimum 75h direct.

1. What is the willingness / likelihood of Disney to sell these older resorts?
  2. If they do, any idea of average wait list?
  3. Can we specify desired use year (want to have both new and resale on same use year so I don't have to track multiple accounts)?
  4. Any idea of average cost per point for these older BCV pts?

Thanks!

You can buy points at any resort, but you may need to insist it’s that or nothing. In some cases they may say they cannot put you on a wait list, where they don’t expect to get enough points through ROFR to fulfill the existing requests.

If you want a specific use year, that could delay things if they need to exercise ROFR to fulfill your request.

The current points cost for each resort can be found here:

I don’t know if I can actually link to them, so if it comes up with asterisks, then just google “current DVC prices” and pick one for 2019. The prices increased in January of this year. Currently BCV is at $225 per point.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Wellllll? Nothing is sold out :). You just might have to wait a while :).

DW & I bought BRV, LONG after it was sold out. Direct from Disney. That was about 7 years ago.
Less than 3 months ago? We bought 30 more points, Direct from Disney, at BRV.

Our use year is APR. Disney was VERY good about syncing everything.

I can't speak to how one would synch Resale. Just that WDW, over time, collects points from failed contracts, ROFR, etc. And they WILL sell those points :). Be patient, and "Buy where you want to STAY" to get that 11 month window....

correcaminos

Agreed - nothing is 100% sold out. You will just have to wait. A good guide will get you on the wait list.

You can pick your same UY. Getting a new one is something some guides do not want to do.

We waited one week for our wait list.

All this said, I would think long and hard about 23 years and $225/point.

GCTales

Original Poster
I don’t know if I can actually link to them, so if it comes up with asterisks, then just google “current DVC prices” and pick one for 2019. The prices increased in January of this year. Currently BCV is at $225 per point.

Yikes, I had missed the increase. I thought it was still in the $185 range.

allidog1

Prices are going up in June, at least that’s what the sales person told me when I bought into DVC a coupe weeks ago. Also, Disney is cracking down on some rules for people buying resale not from Disney. I don’t fully understand what exactly they are cracking down on but I would look into before you buy.

nickys

Premium Member
Prices are going up in June, at least that’s what the sales person told me when I bought into DVC a coupe weeks ago. Also, Disney is cracking down on some rules for people buying resale not from Disney. I don’t fully understand what exactly they are cracking down on but I would look into before you buy.

As of Jan 2019, resale buyers at the original resorts (sometimes referred to as “legacy 14 resorts”), will not be able to use those points to stay at Riviera and any future resorts. And vice versa.

Minthorne

People who have bought resale will no longer be “welcomed home” but rather given a new greeting of “thanks for ruining the neighborhood.”

April fools!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom