Question: Liberty Sq. Riverboat

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Something just struck me - the Liberty Square riverboat is called the Liberty Belle? What happened to the Richard F. Irvine and Admiral Joe Fowler??

I just found a picture of mine of the Admiral Joe from 1979, and that started me thinking...

CPPirate

Bad News...

Since I work in the Adventureland/Liverty Square attractions area I can tell you this... I know that (I think) the Fowler sank during one of its rehabs. Something about how they lifted it up; the supports detached from the actual ship and it sank. But dont worry, the hull can still be found on the current Liberty Belle. I'll find out for sure what happened to them both and I'll let ya know!

tenchu

Originally posted by marni1971
Something just struck me - the Liberty Square riverboat is called the Liberty Belle? What happened to the Richard F. Irvine and Admiral Joe Fowler??

I just found a picture of mine of the Admiral Joe from 1979, and that started me thinking...

They're two of the three boats that take you from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom and vice versa.

As far as i know, they've never been used in the park.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by marni1971

The Richard F. Irvine was rebuilt from the hull up and renamed the Liberty Belle many years ago. I believe the Admiral Joe Fowler was damaged in a refurbishment mishap and was later completely dismantled.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by tenchu
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30278&highlight=Boats

This should shed a little more light on the boats.

Actually, the Fowler and Irvine the original poster is talking about were the former riverboats that sailed the Rivers of America. It wasn't until after the Liberty Belle made its debut around 1996 that the ferryboats between the TTC and MK were renamed to Fowler and Irvine.

If I hadn't read about the riverboats a few months ago, I'd probably be just as mixed up. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Such a quick response!!! Thanks guys!!

CPPirate - if you could find out for sure, that would be great!!

Funny, the link tenchu posted states these boats were on the Seven Seas lagoon. I know for sure my `Joe picture is coming around Tom Sayer Island, and I remember the `Irvine there too. I`d forgotten about the `Potter!

Have any of these boats ever been out of the Magic Kingdom, I thought Magic Kingdom I-III were on Seven Seas Lagoon.

tenchu

Originally posted by MrNonacho
Actually, the Fowler and Irvine the original poster is talking about were the former riverboats that sailed the Rivers of America. It wasn't until after the Liberty Belle made its debut around 1996 that the ferryboats between the TTC and MK were renamed to Fowler and Irvine.

If I hadn't read about the riverboats a few months ago, I'd probably be just as mixed up. :)

Well there you go, learn something new everyday

Thanks MrNonacho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom