Question for Photographer CMs

drizgirl

I think it just happens. They sense willing eager subjects and spend more time. Or they don't have a line and spend more time. If you want more, you should feel free to ask if they have other poses or magic shots they can do.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Honestly, my personal opinion, it comes down to time and you not asking for what you want. If your group is easily posable in the standard poses and don't ask for more, then that is only going to take a short amount of time. So then they can spend more time with more difficult guests that aren't easily posable and who ask for more magical shots.

drizgirl

Ah maybe I need to act like a Price is Right contestant as we are pretty mellow but friendly. It wouldn't be rude to ask for more time?
If it's near park close and the line is 20 people long, then it would be rude. If it's just a couple people? Then ask. They can always say no if they're going off shift or something.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Is this because there may be a shift change coming up? Are you guys trained to go into "lightning round mode" if the line starts getting too big?
This is a possibility I wouldn't dismiss, but...
Maybe you guys are too good at posing so they don't need to take a long time getting you in position?
Not sure if Phrubruh being funny or serious (cause you know, it's Phrubruh), but the people that are getting more attention are probably ones that are asking for it, or maybe they simply suck at posing and need help.

Do you make an effort to say, "Hey, we'd really like to do some cool poses, can you help make that happen?" or do you just get to your turn expecting the photographer is going to give you the same attention as others? Perhaps the photographer just thinks you want a quick and easy pic because you didn't ask for anything more.

Some CMs will definitely go out of their way to make your day magical, but most will do so if you ask. If the line was getting long maybe they weren't going out of their way to do poses, but wouldn't say no if you asked. Just throwing that out there.

Phroobar

This is a possibility I wouldn't dismiss, but...

Not sure if Phrubruh being funny or serious (cause you know, it's Phrubruh), but the people that are getting more attention are probably ones that are asking for it, or maybe they simply suck at posing and need help.

Do you make an effort to say, "Hey, we'd really like to do some cool poses, can you help make that happen?" or do you just get to your turn expecting the photographer is going to give you the same attention as others? Perhaps the photographer just thinks you want a quick and easy pic because you didn't ask for anything more.

Some CMs will definitely go out of their way to make your day magical, but most will do so if you ask. If the line was getting long maybe they weren't going out of their way to do poses, but wouldn't say no if you asked. Just throwing that out there.
what-a-bunch-of-posers-yoga-is-for-posers-3093615.png

truecoat

Every time I visit Disneyland or Disneyworld the following events happen:

My wife will see a photographer that is doing great poses and taking their time. We stop what we are doing to wait for said photographer. We see them taking 3-4 minutes with each family/couple. We figure it will be worth the wait.

When it's our turn I chat with the CM and ask how their day is going etc. CM positions us in place... and in 5 seconds they take 3 photos and say we're done.

Why does this happen so often? We can't be the only ones who have experienced this. It always feels insulting as a guest to feel your time is not as valuable as everyone else's.

Before anyone makes assumptions we are not wearing pins or lanyards or anything that would identify us as APs.

Is this because there may be a shift change coming up? Are you guys trained to go into "lightning round mode" if the line starts getting too big?

Or they say no, we're closed and then walk 20 feet and take a picture for someone else. This was at a Halloween party and there was no line and no one around.

drizgirl

Or they say no, we're closed and then walk 20 feet and take a picture for someone else. This was at a Halloween party and there was no line and no one around.
I'm sure that happens. But mostly it doesn't. Maybe their supervisor required them to be at X spot at a certain time. Who the heck knows?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is this normal? Do they only do "photo sets" for people that ask?
As others have mentioned I believe you can ask for more "magical moment" type of shots. It would probably depend on the line and the CM taking the pictures. But I'm sure most would try to accommodate the request as much as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom