Question about Will Call Pickup tickets...

pyrophoric

Original Poster
Do you have to pick them up at one of the 4 major parks or can you pick them up at say downtown disney?

We are going to downtown disney the first day and if we can pick them up there that would be a lot faster. If not that means we have to go into one of the major parks, pay a parking fee, pickup the tickets, leave the major park, and then go to downtown disney.

That also brings up another question. IF! I do have to pickup the tickets at one of the major parks does it use one day up right then and there? Dunno if that makes sense or not. If I have to go to the major park to get the tickets does that count for one of my days since I am in the park at that time even though I am just there to get the tickets?

Thanks ahead of time :)

Chape19714

Don't quote me on this fact but I think Downtown Disney will work. If you are staying on Disney Property, then you don't have to pay for parking.

Days are only taken off your ticket when they are scanned through the turnstyles at the main enterance. If you don't physically set foot into the park, then you haven't used a day.

I would recommend going to the MK the day after Downtown Disney. You can pick up Will Call Tickets at the self-serve machines, saving time. They are at the TTC, and there are a few just outside the Magic Kingdom, if you use Disney Bus Transportation. These machines hardly ever have a wait, and only exist at the TTC and Magic Kingdom so far.

AEfx

You can pick them up at any ticket booth, including DTD.

Your ticket is not used until you actually use it to enter the turnstyles, so if you go up to the ticket window, claim them, and walk away you haven't used anything.

Good luck!

AEfx

Rob562

Speaking of Will Call, I have a question of my own...

Is there a *maximum* time that you can wait before you pick up your tickets? Let's say that I have the money for my December vacation's passes now, and I'm too cheap to pay for the shipping and handling. :)

Can I simply buy the tickets online now, choose the Will Call option, and pick them up 6 months later when I get there?

-Rob

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If you're outside X number of days (I forget the exact number) anyone at reservations is trained not to will-call your tickets. They need a mailing address for the transaction anyways and no, they do not have to sell them to you.

In reality, if you ask for will call, you'll usually get will call. It's not nice to the CM's though - as they don't get paid their commission until the tickets are printed.

Online will adhere to the date rules, with human beings its negotiable.

Rob562

Thanks, Merf.

After you said that, I went on the Disney World website. I started to place an order for a ticket just to see what it would say. On the Checkout page there's a place to enter the date you're leaving home for your trip, and it adjusts your options accordingly. I was able to max out the date range to the latest possible date, Dec 31, 2016, and it still allowed Will Call as an option. They seem to be more concerned about removing Standard shipping from your options when you're less than 2 weeks out.

As it is, I'll probably just buy my AP at the local Disney Store. But it'd be nice to not have to worry about forgetting the voucher at home and just pick it up when I get there, seeing as how I'll have to stop and get the voucher processed anyway.

-Rob

Ciciwoowoo

I don't know if this is the same thing, but we had to pick up our tickets for Hoop-Dee-Doo and they had them sent to our resort to pick up there. We were able to pick them up at the concierge desk in the main lobby.

JPVonDrake

Allow me to clarify a few points and fill in some blanks...

Is there a *maximum* time that you can wait before you pick up your tickets?
Yes, regardless of if the tickets are order online or by phone, Magic Your Way Tickets and new member Annual / Seasonal / Premium Passes must be claimed within 2 years of the date of order. Renewal Annual / Seasonal / Premium Passes and Special Event Tickets (Mickeys' Not So Scary Halloween Party, Night of Joy, etc) are dated tickets, and therefore must be claimed before they expire.

When can the Guest pickup or fulfill a Ticket Order at Will Call?
Tickets can be picked up starting the day after the order. Unclaimed Will Call Tickets are held for up to 2 years from date of order, then the order expires without refund. Tickets originally placed on Will Call can be mailed on request by contacting Ticket Services by the number below. Standard shipping fees will apply.

What does the Guest Need at the Will Call window?
The Guests must bring both the Ticket Order Number (having this number ensures faster processing) AND a Valid photo ID. The required photo ID can including a valid driver's license, valid passport, valid college ID or valid military ID.

Where can the Guest Claim their Will Call Tickets?
Transportation & Ticket Center ticket windows
Magic Kingdom Guest Relations (located just outside the turnstiles)
Magic Kingdom Ticket Vending Machines (Guests cannot claim Florida Resident Tickets or Annual/Seasonal/Premium Passes at the TVMs)
Epcot Main Entrance ticket windows
Epcot International Gateway ticket windows
Disney-MGM Studios ticket windows
Disney's Animal Kingdom ticket windows
Downtown Disney Guest Services (either Marketplace or Westside location)
Disney Resort Lobby Concierge Desks - (Guests cannot claim Florida Resident Tickets or Annual/Seasonal/Premium Passes at the Resorts)

All pick up locations are outside the Park turnstiles so admission to the Theme Park is not required.

Guests with questions on existing ticket orders may contact WDW Ticket Services via e-mail at wdw.ticket.inquiries@disney.com or by calling 407-566-4985 (option 2 for an existing ticket order) anytime following the date the order was placed. Once an order is placed, please do not contact the Disney Reservation Center as we have no access to existing orders regardless if placed by phone or internet. When contacting Ticket Services, you will need to know your ticket order number and the credit card billing address, and/or include these on all correspondence.

Dinner Show Tickets (Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review, Disney's Spirit of Aloha, or Mickey's Back Yard BBQ) cannot be shipped, nor can they be claimed at a Theme Park or Downtown Disney Guest Relations windows. These show show tickets must be claimed at a Disney owned and operated Resort, either from the Front Desk, or from the Lobby Concierge Desk.

Cirque du Soleil - LaNouba Tickets must be claimed at the Cirque Box Office or must be shipped if ordered more then 30 days in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom