Question About Waterparks

ThinkTink721

We have been to WDW numerous times, but have never visited the waterparks.
We are planning to do so on our upcoming September trip.
We were thinking that we would take 3 or 4 days out of our 9 day trip to go to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, but just for a few hours each day (maybe 3-4 hours).
Would this give us enough time to enjoy most of the attractions at each waterpark?
Do you have any tips or suggestions?
Thank you!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can do the water parks in 3-4 hours, but you will basically be running from slide to slide and not really lounging anywhere.

The best piece of advice I can give you is to get there at least 1/2 an hour before park opening. You can stake out a decent shady spot for your stuff and the lines to the slides will be short. The lines will start to grow about an hour after opening, especially in the summer. Swim shoes are a good idea and you will want to put on a good water proof sunscreen before you even leave the room. A change of clothes is a good idea. The trip back to the room will be much more pleasant after a quick shower and putting on fresh, dry clothes.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
You can do the water parks in 3-4 hours, but you will basically be running from slide to slide and not really lounging anywhere.

The best piece of advice I can give you is to get there at least 1/2 an hour before park opening. You can stake out a decent shady spot for your stuff and the lines to the slides will be short. The lines will start to grow about an hour after opening, especially in the summer. Swim shoes are a good idea and you will want to put on a good water proof sunscreen before you even leave the room. A change of clothes is a good idea. The trip back to the room will be much more pleasant after a quick shower and putting on fresh, dry clothes.
I was thinking about doing Typhoon Lagoon two days for about 3 or 4 hours & then do Blizzard Beach two days for about 3 or 4 hours...how does that sound?

Upvote 0

Disney Shib

I tend to frequent Typhoon Lagoon while I am in WDW. I prefer it over BB. I don't know if it's the palm tree/islandy feel or the wave pool that I like most but it gives you a great oppotunity to actually relax. Have a blast and make sure you try the mini donuts. AMAZING!

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

I tend to frequent Typhoon Lagoon while I am in WDW. I prefer it over BB. I don't know if it's the palm tree/islandy feel or the wave pool that I like most but it gives you a great oppotunity to actually relax. Have a blast and make sure you try the mini donuts. AMAZING!
We are TL nuts as well. We find that our time at Typhoon Lagoon is our place to relax while on our WDW vacations. There's nothing like floating down the lazy river, through the "jungle" of just hanging out in the wave pool!

Upvote 0

Disney Shib

We are TL nuts as well. We find that our time at Typhoon Lagoon is our place to relax while on our WDW vacations. There's nothing like floating down the lazy river, through the "jungle" of just hanging out in the wave pool!

I just love the lazy river at TL. It's great just sitting at the bar, sipping a red stripe, next to the wave pool and watching the people get tossed around with the giant waves. Definitely a favorite.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I think 4 days at the water parks may be a bit of overkill??? But, I guess that depends on how much you (or your kids?) like water slides and stuff. The nice thing about the water parks is you are not out an entire day of your trip by going to one. You can go first thing when they open which I think is 9am. Then stay through lunch. Then you can hit up Epcot or DTD for a nice hearty dinner. I always eat a lot after I swim that much. They truly are 1/2 day parks IMO.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
I think 4 days at the water parks may be a bit of overkill??? But, I guess that depends on how much you (or your kids?) like water slides and stuff. The nice thing about the water parks is you are not out an entire day of your trip by going to one. You can go first thing when they open which I think is 9am. Then stay through lunch. Then you can hit up Epcot or DTD for a nice hearty dinner. I always eat a lot after I swim that much. They truly are 1/2 day parks IMO.
Yes, that is what we are thinking...go in the morning/early afternoon...then go to a park.

Upvote 0

rob45

We have been to both water parks. Both are nice, we try to get there when they open and stay till around noon. Like the theme parks they do get crowded, so we try to get a fill of the rides, then go relax at our resort pool or nap. Theme parks in the evening. Have fun. Bring some sunscreen and some good water shoes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom