Question about Walt himself

Mr. Walt Disney was cremated. End of Story. His spirit will live on in each of the parks thanks to his Nephew who is also now gone from us. :( He still has Nieces and grandchildren who works at Disney in California and in Florida. If you love Disney as much as I do, Walt lives in each of us everytime we visit and think of Disney.

yensid67

Walt was always ahead of everything that he did. He was doing things in his life that were revolutionary and he always believed in technology and progress, so people were willing to believe that maybe Walt had found a way to freeze himself so that he could be brought back when technology and progress caught up.

But the main reason for the myth was that Walt brought so much joy to so many people that it was hard for society to let him go. Its much easier to think that he is frozen away somewhere and can be brought back someday to continue giving his "gifts" to the world.

VERY well said DJ! This is the rumor I have heard for years! BUT sadly this is nothing but a rumor or urban legend! Its nice to DREAM, like Uncle Walt has taught us to, but coming back to reality, Uncle Walt is dead and gone! He IS buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery in California.
I always thought it would have been cool to have him buired inside of Disneyland, but maybe that's why we have the 'Partners' statue in the hub in front of the castles!? No matter what you feel or think about him being frozen or buried, we will always marvel at his dreams and imagination that brought us all happiness when visiting a theme park in his name!

P.S.
If it were possible to be frozen and come back to life when they found a cure for your illness, don't you think that the medical world would have jumped at the chance to make a god awful amount of money on this!?

JUST SOME THOUGHTS!

Will
:wave: from PA!

Tigerace81

Well not only is it a myth that he's frozen (I am not sure how the rumour ever started in the first place) but it is impossible to come back to life after being frozen to death. You would die in so many ways if you were frozen to death. Starvation, thirst, air, brain damage, etc. But people I think truly believe that freezing to death is not just fiction in the movies.........

Actually while I dont believe it is possible (yet) I dont think you understand the science of cryogenics. When something gets cold enough things stop functioning in this case your organs and tissues. So if your organs and tissues shut down you no longer need to breathe, eat etc.

If there was a way that you could in fact be "revived" you would be brought of the deep freeze practically in the same condition. You wont deteriorate because you are frozen to a point that no bacteria can survive and if they can get your tissues and organs to work you would be just as hungry as you was when they put you in. So if you was full when they put you in you would likely be full and vice versa.

Thats just how I understood it. But it is not possible at all right now other then the freezing part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom