Question about Walt himself

daniel0581

Original Poster
So I know there is a rumor that when he died he was frozen. I haven't heard the whole rumor, but if someone could fill me in that would be great. Is he in one of the parks? ...is he in the utilidors of the Magic Kingdom :)

daniel0581

Original Poster
HAHAHA. I figured he wasn't but i thought that was a cool rumor but if anyone has the full details of that rumor like where he was suposed to be frozen and stuff like that it would be cool to know :)

EPCOT Explorer

I am pretty sure Walt was cremated and his ashes are at Forest Lawn Cemetary in Los Angeles.

^ That.

250px-Disneygrave.jpg

:(

lazyboy97o

The question does not seem to be about what actually happened, but the extent of the rumor. The most common version I have heard is Walt's cryogenic chamber being located within the basement of New Orleans Square, which opened shortly before his passing. I have heard people say he is also within the "city under Disney World", an erroneous view of the Magic Kingdom's utilidors, that tends to come from people who believe that the Magic Kingdom was built or under construction by December 1966.

Lisalyn

I must be in the minority. I just knew he died and was buried. Urban legends are a wonderful thing though..it would be pretty cool to think he was buried somewhere under one of the parks.

djkidkaz

Walt was always ahead of everything that he did. He was doing things in his life that were revolutionary and he always believed in technology and progress, so people were willing to believe that maybe Walt had found a way to freeze himself so that he could be brought back when technology and progress caught up.

But the main reason for the myth was that Walt brought so much joy to so many people that it was hard for society to let him go. Its much easier to think that he is frozen away somewhere and can be brought back someday to continue giving his "gifts" to the world.

Walt Disney1955

Well not only is it a myth that he's frozen (I am not sure how the rumour ever started in the first place) but it is impossible to come back to life after being frozen to death. You would die in so many ways if you were frozen to death. Starvation, thirst, air, brain damage, etc. But people I think truly believe that freezing to death is not just fiction in the movies.........

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well not only is it a myth that he's frozen (I am not sure how the rumour ever started in the first place) but it is impossible to come back to life after being frozen to death. You would die in so many ways if you were frozen to death. Starvation, thirst, air, brain damage, etc. But people I think truly believe that freezing to death is not just fiction in the movies.........

What's wrong with this sentence? :lol:

lilclerk

What's wrong with it? I'm not saying you would die SIMULTANEOUSLY of those things. But one of them would take you first
Because if you were "frozen to death" you would die by freezing... til you died.
Granted, those other things may take you first, but that wouldn't be "freezing to death." That would be dying of starvation, thirst, etc. while you happened to be cold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom