Question about Universal during Horror Nights

thomas998

Original Poster
My kids are pushing to do Universal this fall... My concern is that during the time we would be able to go there they will be doing the Horror Nights and our youngest is way to young for the Horror Nights... Does anyone know if they close the parks early for the Horror Nights or is this just something that happens in certain part of the park. I don't want to go there to find out that the park is only open half a day... if that's the case I'm think Disney is a better option in the Fall.

JoeCamel

Hello I will help you with your question,

The USO side does close early but the IOA side stays open later.

In IOA there is no HHN presence, in USO the only props visible during the day are fall themed. The gory bits are hidden.

USO will close early and anyone that has a HHN ticket is herded to holding areas while the rest of the park is cleared. Once cleared the props and scareactors move into place and the guests in the holding areas released to tour houses then the gates are opened up front and the guests that only had HHN tickets are admitted.

A plan would be to tour the USO side at rope drop and have a 2 park pass so you can go over to IOA later in the day to finish up.

I don't know how many days you can plan for Universal but even with HHN running there is much more than you can do in a single day's visit. The non - HHN nights USO is open later.

thomas998

Original Poster
Hello I will help you with your question,

The USO side does close early but the IOA side stays open later.

In IOA there is no HHN presence, in USO the only props visible during the day are fall themed. The gory bits are hidden.

USO will close early and anyone that has a HHN ticket is herded to holding areas while the rest of the park is cleared. Once cleared the props and scareactors move into place and the guests in the holding areas released to tour houses then the gates are opened up front and the guests that only had HHN tickets are admitted.

A plan would be to tour the USO side at rope drop and have a 2 park pass so you can go over to IOA later in the day to finish up.

I don't know how many days you can plan for Universal but even with HHN running there is much more than you can do in a single day's visit. The non - HHN nights USO is open later.

Thanks for the information... Only problem I see is our trip to Universal would be on a Saturday and Sunday which from what I can tell on the calendar are both HHNs so I'm pretty sure we would probably only have daylight hours in USO for the whole trip... Any idea how much of the Harry Potter World is impacted by the HHN? Is the bulk of it in IOA?

JoeCamel

There are two areas of the WWHoP, in IOA you have Hogsmeade and the castle with the Forbidden Journey ride, Hippogriff ride and Dueling dragons coaster. Lots of shops and things to eat and explore.

That is connected to USO by the Hogwarts express train and from there you enter the London waterfront and then Diagon Alley with the Escape from Gringots ride.

During the day it is normal operation between the two parks and at the Potterlands. Once USO closes then Diagon Alley will be closed. Rumor is they might leave it open and the entrance/exit would be by the Hogwarts express over to IOA. It is gated so they could do that but did not last year

I suggest you check out http://orlandoinformer.com/page/articles.html/_/universal/center for a wealth of information on Universal. This is a pretty WDW centric board and that is Unicentric

Jwhee

USF will close at 5pm and IOA will stay open until around 8. When USF closes at 5 (if they did it how they did it last year) guests who were in the park could stay in Diagon Alley and eventually take the train over to IOA. I think you'll have plenty of time to do USF even with it closing at 5.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom