Question about the new Star Wars Hotel?

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
I have been reading about the immersive experience of the new SW hotel, and was just wondering if you HAVE to do the immersive part? I would love to experience staying there, but have no interest in being a character or participating in it to that level. I just wonder if others like me, who just want to stay at the SW hotel, are wondering the same thing? Does anyone know if there will be separate packages offered for those who want to be immersed in the hotel, but not the character and story line experience?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The way they are talking about the hotel I think indeed you would be expected to do the immersive stuff as it is the whole reason for the hotel to exist in the first place. The inside of the hotel is supposed to be a Space Ship that is taking you to Galaxy's Edge and the adventures you have while on the journey. The opposite is in effect for GE as you will have the option be involved or not.

Bolt

I have been reading about the immersive experience of the new SW hotel, and was just wondering if you HAVE to do the immersive part? I would love to experience staying there, but have no interest in being a character or participating in it to that level. I just wonder if others like me, who just want to stay at the SW hotel, are wondering the same thing? Does anyone know if there will be separate packages offered for those who want to be immersed in the hotel, but not the character and story line experience?
No other details have been released about the resort yet.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There are very few official details right now and I wouldn't be surprised if Disney hasn't even hammered out all the details yet. Even when it does open I can definitely see things changing over time as they gauge guest reaction.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Unlikely. It's not a hotel to stay there and do other things. It's a destination upon itself that you only stay for the 'event' and then go stay somewhere else for the rest of your stay

Kamikaze

SW:GE is what you're looking for. Going to a themed area and experiencing only what you choose to. This is something different entirely, for those that want actually experience being immersed in the SW Galaxy.

If there were multiple levels of 'guests' staying, those choosing to not participate could negatively influence the experience of those who want to do so.

And - the deal is that you're supposed to go to the resort and stay there for the duration without leaving. What would you do for your stay if you weren't going to participate? Just sit in your room?

HiYa Pal

The costume part is what has me scratching my head. I get everything else, but what I just don't get, is it something you try on there and get what works, do I have to pre select my sizes before arrival, are they being reused or do I get to keep them as souvenirs, what about "guests of certain body dimensions" am I supposed to wear these when I'm in the park (so the streetmosphere cast treats me different, and some guests know I dropped a ton of money on a special experience) ? Lots of questions, it seems like that one aspect of the immersion could easily become a logistical nightmare.....

doctornick

Some of the early descriptions made it sound like you could choose how much you participate, but I would doubt that Disney would offer a lower tier of pricing based on something like that.

This. Disney can't force guests to participate, so surely people could go and just watch others and admire the scenery. But there's not going to be any "discount" price for doing so and I would imagine that if you choose to stay there and not interact, then you are paying a premium for nothing. This is not going to be priced like an ordinary hotel.

SW:GE should be pretty great for people who want to watch but not play.

DisneyDaver

I suspect WDW doesn't even know the answer to this yet. And it will likely change many, many times before the final decisions are made.

That said, I don't see how WDW can force a certain level of participation by guests ... though WDW could say once you leave the resort during the experience, you can't come back in. I also doubt that there would be separate pricing for different levels of participation.

WDWFANSINCE81

I would guess this hotel would be similiar to how a cruise works...probably a max of 2 nights with set check in and check out for the entire resort (missions start and end as a group). I doubt you would have the ability to visit other parks outside of the immersive environment. I think this would be 100% Star Wars ALL the time. Once complete...you move to another resort and enjoy the rest of your vacation. If I was paying thousands of dollars to stay in the Star Wars universe the LAST thing I would want is a bunch of people walking into the lobby with mickey ballons from their day at the Magic Kingdom. My guess is this will be less of a resort and more a purchased inclusive limited engagement vacation package that exists separate (but within) from the average WDW experience. Who knows....I guess we will find out soon enough.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
This Hotel is not designed to be the standard Disney hotel, it is an all in experience, you are paying for the Star Wars experience not to dump your bags and go sit by the pool. As long as it stays the way they have been talking about it ( you pay for a 2 day or more experience and get involved) they will need to have big disclaimers that this is an all in experience and is not a standard resort hotel.

phillip9698

I really hope Disney walls off this resort so that only active participants can enter. I have little interest in the resort but don't want to see the experience ruined by guests who only want to view the scenery. How annoying would it be to pay the high price for this experience only to be constantly drawn out of the moment by onlookers in crocks and packs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom