Question About Special Item Park Merchandise

bucklepants

Original Poster
When shopping at Disney World they usually have some sort of spend x-amount of money and you can get a certain item for $20 (usually a beach towel, bag or watch). Just wondering if anyone who's been to the parks recently know what the current deals are for? Sorry I'm not sure what to call that special item offer. Going in a few weeks, so just curious. Thanks to those who can help.

rob0519

I'm pretty sure one item is a backpack and I can't remember the other. They were, in my opinion, so unremarkable based on past items I didn't want either and just stopped paying attention. Sorry.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Usually always one of the items is a really soft fleece throw that they change the design every year. We got one the past several years and love them. Also got the canvas tote they had last year. Prefer the throws though usually. I don't know what the second item besides the throw is currently for this year though. We don't go until Oct. :)

Missymoe4

I just came back from WDW on Monday. The promotion right now is a backpack. It's small and not as exciting as the past merchandise.

Missymoe4

Usually always one of the items is a really soft fleece throw that they change the design every year. We got one the past several years and love them. Also got the canvas tote they had last year. Prefer the throws though usually. I don't know what the second item besides the throw is currently for this year though. We don't go until Oct. :)

I never encountered a throw. Maybe I was in the wrong places? I was always shown a backpack.

sxeensweet

I never encountered a throw. Maybe I was in the wrong places? I was always shown a backpack.

We have gotten one every year for $20 with a $40 purchase. I heard they had them again this year also but maybe in the summer (warmer) months they don't offer those. Maybe early in the year and later in the year when we always go Oct-Dec. I think they had some Jan-Mar this year if I remember right from someone mentioning it on here. We got the throw the last 3 years in the fall 2012,2013, and 2014 for sure and maybe several years before that, and heard others not during the fall got the same but like I said it may have not been In the warmer months. :)

Last edited:

Missymoe4

We have gotten one every year for $20 with a $40 purchase. I heard they had them again this year also but maybe in the summer (warmer) months they don't offer those. Maybe early in the year and later in the year when we always go Oct-Dec. I think they had some Jan-Mar this year if I remember right from someone mentioning it on here. We got the throw the last 3 years in the fall, and heard others not during the fall got the same but like I said it may have not been In the warmer months. :)

I think you are correct. When I went last November I believe it was the throw (as you stated :) ) They used to offer beach towels in the summer. I'm sure you have quite a glorious collection...I would love to see it. I know this may sound goofy, but I enjoy seeing how merchandise changes from one year to the next.

sxeensweet

Just looked (need to take pics) 2 were the same design from 2012 and 2013, and then they changed it last year for 2014. Wondering if this year will be a new one or the same from last year. Hmmm...I always buy one or a few and give as extra gifts to family. My faves were when they were the cotton afghan types, have a few, and an older one that was a really soft material and had the castle with the Christmas/dreamlights on it. Was really cool. I have that one on storage with some other older blankets etc. :)

bucklepants

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I was hoping for a backpack. I'm looking for a new one. Guess I'll see what the offers are soon enough. We usually get something every trip: watch, towel, throw, and two tote bags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom