Question about shipping a package ahead of time to resort

EaglesfanNJ

Hey there, it's been a while for me on these boards, but it's great to be back! Trip planned for late Sept and we're under the 60 day mark, excited builds with each passing day!

Anyway, this will be our 1st trip with 2 kids, 1 of which will be under 1 year old. I've read in the past that people have shipped a package to the resort ahead of time, to save room in luggage. I'm thinking this will be wise for me and wanted to get the opinion from anyone who has tried it, was it worth it?

We'll need a lot of water, so i'm thinking of shipping a case, diapers obviously, some baby food, formula, wipes, etc. Not only that, but we always ship a box back from our resort at the end of our trip filled with our souveniers.. so we can just re-use the same box!

So we're staying at ASMU and I would not be checking in until around 10 PM due to a later flight, want to make sure someone would be there to get me hte package. Do we just ship it maybe the week before and they can just hold it for a week? Do we have to put it to anyone's attention?

wilkeliza

They will hold packages up to 10 days before your arrival. This last trip we had a package sent to us and did not check into Pop! until 12:15 am and someone was able to go retrieve our package for us.
You must put Attention: (name the reservation is under)
If you put any other name on it they may not be able to place it to you specifically and it make take longer to get to you. So if reservations are under your name uses your name, if they are under your wife's use your wife's name. That way when they put your name in the computer it will come up with your room and such.
It is always smart to call the resort ahead of time and ask their exact mailing address. You don't want your diapers and such to be delivered to somewhere else and get a big return to sender stamp on it. Also it is a good idea to let the hotel know you are expecting a package ahead of time because they can make a note on your account so they are aware of its arrival as well.
Hope this all helps.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I shipped one to the resort (All Star Sports) 2 years ago and they had it there for me on my arrival date. All I did was put my name, the hotel name, the address of the hotel, and my reservation number on it (since I did not know my room number yet)

Sending it USPS Priority mail is probably your best and cheapest way to go. Just mail it 3-4 days before you leave so that it gets through the processing center before you arrive!

Oh and welcome back!

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

You most certainly can! It's a great idea if you need to travel with a lot of stuff. The front desk is responsible for all packages so you'll be able to get it whatever time you check in. Some tips for sending your package...

- Call the hotel ahead of time and get the shipping address for the hotel for a package. The hotels sometimes have different addresses for different things (GPS, Mail, etc.) so be sure to have the right one.
- When you address the package put the hotel name and then care of the name on the reservation. You can also put the check-in date to ensure it is linked to your reservation. When it will arrive at the hotel a note will be put in your reservation asking the CM to deliver it to you at check-in.
- Approximately the time it arrives (or if using UPS or FedEx when arrival has been confirmed) you can call the hotel and ensure that it has arrived and/or let them know it's coming.
- At Check-in if the CM doesn't say they have the package be sure to ask. It is likely that the note on the reservation was just overlooked and it's sitting in the back waiting for you.
- If you mostly want to use food and baby items you can also look into using Garden Grocer. They'll deliver the items to your hotel room and they'll be there when you pick it up. The website is here... http://www.gardengrocer.com/ Just another option.

Hope that helps!! Have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

dclick4968

YES! We ship things in advance every time we go and have never had a problem. There have been a couple of times that our packages are delivered to our room the same time Magical Express delivers our luggage. VERY convenient. Also...check places like Staples, Office Depot, etc. as they usually have snacks, drinks, water, etc. and usually have FREE shipping.

Taken from another site:

Don't ship it through the Post Office... Here is why... The US Post Office does NOT recognize Disney streets, any and all mail being sent to Disney through the US Post Office will go to the PO Box (regardless of how you address it) as the post office does not deliver to Disney directly. From the PO Box it is sorted into sections and then specific locations before it is delivered out to property. This can take quite a bit of time.

UPs, Fed Ex, DHL, any kind of courier service will deliver directly to the hotel. My suggestion would be to get the package ready and send it out about 7 days prior to your arrival (you can send it further out if you like they will hold it). If you give yourself enough time you can ship it ground service which is the cheapest.

As for who to address it to you would want to address it like this:

The name of the person who is the LEAD name on the reservation (may not be you, but it is easier to find that way)
C/O the hotel you are staying at/ Front Desk
The address of the hotel
And put HOLD for guest check in and the reservation number if you're the dilgent type, it's not required tho.

So it would look something like this

John Smith
C/O Disney's Wilderness Lodge Front Desk
Reservation # xxxxxx
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830

Here is a list of the resort address' (again this can ONLY be used for courier services, US Post office will not deliver to the property directly)

Please note - Resorts tagged with (*) indicate a convention resort where you may be charged a fee for your package to be delivered.

Disney’s All Star Movies Resort 1991 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-7000
Disney’s All Star Music Resort 1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-6000
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort 1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-5000
Disney's Pop Century Resort 1050 Century Drive
Phone: 407-938-4000
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 900 Cayman Way
Phone: 407-934-3400
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort 1000 West Buena Vista Drive (*)
Phone: 407-939-1000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter 2201 Orleans Drive
Phone: 407-934-5000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside 1251 Riverside Drive
Phone: 407-934-6000
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge 2901 Osceola Pkwy.
Phone: 407-938-3000
Disney’s Contemporary Resort 4600 North World Drive (*)
Phone: 407-824-1000
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 4401 Floridian Way (*)
Phone: 407-824-3000
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 901 Timberline Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3200
Disney’s Polynesian Resort 1600 Seven Seas Drive
Phone: 407-824-2000
Disney’s Beach Club Resort 1800 West Epcot Resort Blvd. (*)
Phone: 407-934-8000
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort 1700 Epcot Resort Blvd. (*)
Phone: 407-934-7000
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn 2101 North W Epcot Resort Blvd. (*)
Phone: 407-939-5100
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort/Campground 4510 N Ft. Wilderness Trail
Phone: 407-824-2900
Disney’s Old Key West Resort 1510 North Cove Rd.
Phone: 407-827-7700
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort 1960 Broadway
Phone: 407-827-1100

Walt Disney World Dolphin 1500 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-4000
Walt Disney World Swan 1200 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-3000

Shades of Green 1950 W. Magnolia Palm Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3400

All hotels are in Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

(Except Animal Kingdom Lodge which is Bay Lake, FL 32830).

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Original Poster
Wow, I'm so glad I've come back to these boards. This site is awesome and you guys are the best.

Thank you so much for all of the responses. You guys have really helped out once again. I think I've decided to go ahead and utilize DHL, UPS, or FedEx and do it that way. I will be sure to address it just as you guys have advised.

Blackthidot, thanks my friend, it's great to be back. You guys making a trip this Sept too?

Upvote 0

SteveUK

Great idea, I will place an order before I leave. Thanks for suggesting it, it's something I hadn't thought about. One question though, will they include alcohol in my delivery? I might arrive quite late and after a long flight, I think a beer might be needed.

Upvote 0

kybred72

What a great idea! I think I'll look into shipping our Halloween costumes to the resort for MNSSHP. What about sending it back home? Think someone at the hotel (POP) could assist me with getting it back in the mail and shipping it home, again to save space in our luggage cause I know we'll be bringing back lots of souveniers!

We're also going in late September! Only 55 days to go!!!

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Shipped box of family reunion tshirts before last trip. I wasn't about to pack and check 35 shirts. UPS worked fine to CR.

If you are shipping groceries, you might want to evaluate the cost/benefit ratio of having the same items delivered to resort by Garden Grocer or taxi cost to Walmart outside Downtown Disney (SuperWalMart) that should have all of your requirements. Shipping all these goodies would seem to be more expensive to me than some of these other options.

Used same box to ship back souvenirs (used business center at CR)

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

What a great idea! I think I'll look into shipping our Halloween costumes to the resort for MNSSHP. What about sending it back home? Think someone at the hotel (POP) could assist me with getting it back in the mail and shipping it home, again to save space in our luggage cause I know we'll be bringing back lots of souveniers!

We're also going in late September! Only 55 days to go!!!

Yup, they'll help you ship it our from the resort. They may have boxes for you (you may need to get one if you can) and you'll probably be charged the shipping cost but beyond that they'll take care of it all. Just bring it to the front desk and your all set!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Welcome back to the boards! So the previous posts have pretty mach gave you the answers you needed, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I highly recommend shipping down a package, We did it this past December and it worked out great. We stayed at AKL and our package was delieved to our room with our luggage. Worked like a charm.

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Original Poster
Great idea, I will place an order before I leave. Thanks for suggesting it, it's something I hadn't thought about. One question though, will they include alcohol in my delivery? I might arrive quite late and after a long flight, I think a beer might be needed.

Yes that's part of the beauty of it. They will also handle all of the shipping for you back home. Last trip they were able to gather up a decent size box for me in the gift shop. We took all souveniers, our Halloween costumes, and a few other bulky items, and shipped back to New Jersey from ASMU lobby.

This way if we ship a box ahead of time, empty the contents upon arrival, we can just re use that box again!

Guys thanks again for all of the tips and responses. The days leading up to this trip can just drag. But one of the ways i pass the time until the trip is coming on these boards.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom