Question about Pop Century

anonymousegirl

Hiya Everybody (said in a high-pitched Mickey voice)

Just decided I couldn't wait til next year to get back to the World (last visit 1997) so I am just about to book Pop Century for this July (I know, very crowded but it's the only time we both can go until NEXT May.)

Question: Do the various buildings have ice makers in the hallways like other motel/hotels? My friend and I plan to get back from the parks late, sometimes after the food court closes and wondered if we could get ice for canned soda we'd have back at our room. We don't really want to shell out $80 for a fridge just for soda.

Any other advice would be appreciated, thanks

brkgnews

Lilo's correct, anonymousegirl. (and by the way, welcome to WDWMagic, both of you! :wave:)

I'll also add that Pop's food court is open pretty darn late (like 11pm or midnight, I believe), so you can usually grab a drink there even after the parks close, with the exception of late-night Extra Magic hours that last until midnight or 2AM.

Upvote 0

anonymousegirl

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, brkgnews :wave:

And thanks Lilo for the answer.

I am sure to have many more questions before my trip

I am too excited :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

bluefaery

Lilo's correct, anonymousegirl. (and by the way, welcome to WDWMagic, both of you! :wave:)

I'll also add that Pop's food court is open pretty darn late (like 11pm or midnight, I believe), so you can usually grab a drink there even after the parks close, with the exception of late-night Extra Magic hours that last until midnight or 2AM.

POP century's food court is open from 6am to midnight.

Upvote 0

daringstoic

Pop has one of my favorite resort food courts. I adore their Sloppy Joes. The best thing though, is that the refillable resort mugs can be used for Slurpees. Most of the ones I've visited only have pop and coffee machines for the mugs, and that is why I book Pop over the All-Stars every time. It's sad, but I grew up next to a 7-11, and am a certified Slurpee addict.

Upvote 0

kimmychad

Just decided I couldn't wait til next year to get back to the World (last visit 1997) so I am just about to book Pop Century for this July (I know, very crowded but it's the only time we both can go until NEXT May.)

Question: Do the various buildings have ice makers in the hallways like other motel/hotels? My friend and I plan to get back from the parks late, sometimes after the food court closes and wondered if we could get ice for canned soda we'd have back at our room. We don't really want to shell out $80 for a fridge just for soda.

when we stayed at pop last feb they put us in a handicapped accessible room, we didnt ask for it. but it came with a fridge, no extra charge

Upvote 0

Rob562

I haven't stayed at Pop yet (first trip there will be in September), but I seem to recall that the soda machines in some of the other hotel food courts were left on overnight... I distinctly remember walking into the CBR food court and at least one of the All-Stars after the food court had closed to refill my refillable mug... Though they only left one side of the beverage island open. The other machines were closed off.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mikester71

We just bring our cooler to our room and fill it with ice each morning and night. There were ice machines on every level near the elevators as already stated. We usually kept some Sunny D and milk in there for breakfast, but way better than paying the $8 -10 a day for the fridge. Actually, my wife is going to keep her eyes open in September for when Target and them start to put their dorm room size fridges on sale (usually just after the kids go back to school over there). We usually see them for around $50 or less and were thinking of just grabbing one this year and bringing it down with us in March when we head back down.

Gotta love the Pop (Century that is)!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

lemoe

We're going to pop in July!!! WOOH

I can't wait, when will you be going?
We're there 7 - 17 July....should be fun! In a hot and busy sort of way :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We stayed in the 50's section near the pool last year & there was an ice machine very close to our room.
I assume that there are various ice machines throughout the resort.
:) :wave:

Upvote 0

Norm The Skull

July you got to love it

We where there in July 2005 and it was not that bad. There will be a lot of people but the Pop has the best bus service in the World. You will never have to wait to long.
Since you will probably be at the parks all day you have nothing to worry about.

As for the ice.
We would put some ice at night in our own buckey with juice for the next morning. It was always cold.

We are going back in December and we where going to go to another resort (Port Orleans) but decided to go back to Pop.

Have a great trip...

AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Someone once posted that if you get ice and let it melt in your bucket overnight, it makes very good drinking water. Since POP does have ice machines, make good use of this tip as the water in Orlando tends to taste pretty bad (at least IMHO).

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I haven't stayed at Pop yet (first trip there will be in September), but I seem to recall that the soda machines in some of the other hotel food courts were left on overnight... I distinctly remember walking into the CBR food court and at least one of the All-Stars after the food court had closed to refill my refillable mug... Though they only left one side of the beverage island open. The other machines were closed off.

-Rob
That's really cool, but I doubt Pop would do that since the food court & gift shop are the same room =\

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

We're going to pop in July!!! WOOH

I can't wait, when will you be going?
We're there 7 - 17 July....should be fun! In a hot and busy sort of way :rolleyes:

We've gone in July the past 3 years. It was FABULOUS in 2005 and 2006. 2007 was really hot, but it was abnormally hot everywhere I think. Some people hate going in the summer because of the crowds and heat, but I love summer in WDW. The parks are open longer, the ice cream is that much better, and the water rides are great because you dry off in no time.

Upvote 0

jtced

Just got back from Pop

Just got back from Pop a week ago. :( (Already booked next trip in December with bounce back) Ice makers are on floors 1 and 3 @ the elevators. But the ice is made so thinly that it almost melts as soon as it hits any thing. I will do the job for a soda though!

Have fun, welcome!

Upvote 0

bluefaery

When my boyfriend and I stayed at POP century back in Feb, we rented a fridge. I guess I talked to the right manager b/c we got to rent the fridge for free. I was wearing my b-day button (it was my b-day trip) and the manager said to consider it a b-day gift from POP century. I thought that was very nice of him to do that. We were there for 7 days.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom