Question about part-time jobs at Disneyland or California adventure job

Etherangui

Original Poster
I am going to retire soon. My wife and I are huge disney fans. We are big disney cruisers. We would like to take advantage of the Disney cast rates to go on cruises. I've been reading in these forums about different type of part-time status like: CT, CR, etc etc.

Can someone explain to me if I still get disneycast discount rates for cruises if I am CT or CR status. Also what medical benefits do I get?

Also, does it make sense to explore part-time work if I want to disappear for a week or two with my wife to go on a disneycruise? Am I on call essentially?

I am open to essentially any sort of work - I just want to get some medical benefit and be able to take advantage of disney cast cruise prices.

Thanks to everyone in advance. Thank you!

Marky Mark

To be honest with you, im not sure you will be happy with the health benefits. As far as cruise discounts, the are pretty random, you DON'T get to pick your dates and apply a cast member discount. There are a few (I mean FEW) choices that they will offer on THEIR selected dates, so you have to be VERY flexible and you have to be ready to pull the trigger when they pop up. This can prove difficult when working at Disney because you must also be able to get those days off.
Also, its not quite what I expected, Its still around $1200-$1500 a person (with discount), mainly because it only applies to 7 day cruises (as far as iv seen)

Please dont think I am to discourage you, just giving you a heads up. Also, I'm sure other people can give better info, this is just what I've experienced as a PT cast member.

I wouldn't try to work for Disney solely for those reasons, not sure you will be happy in the long run.

That being said, I am a part timer at Disney World and I absolutely love it. (I am a Disney Nerd, if you will) I have a Full time job elsewhere that pays the bills and provides my medical benefits, this obviously changes the dynamics.

If you get a job at Disney try to go into it thinking more of what you can offer Disney and Guest, and less what you can get out of it. (obviously we love our perks) In my experience this will make your time as a cast member so much more enjoyable and fulfilling. Being a big fan myself, I learned a whole new appreciation for Disney on the cast member side of things. Being able to impact guest experience (esp children) in a positive way is fulfilling in itself.

in summary,
there are a LOT of great perks and discounts that come with working for Disney, unfortunately, cruise discounts and medical benefits aren't really impressive and I wouldn't recommend getting a job there JUST based on those two things.

Hope this helps friend, best of luck! And congrats on retiring!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom