1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Question About Harry Potter at Universal Orlando

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by WonderMan, Jun 14, 2017.

?

Are they the same?

1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  1. WonderMan

WonderMan New Member

Are the Interactive wands that you can get by getting selected at the Olivanders Show exclusive to the show or are those exact same Wands available for purchase at the owl post. In other words; Are the wands at Olivanders special and can not be found anywhere else or are the wands you get the same ones you can get at the store? Thanks!

2. Eckert

Eckert Well-Known Member

All the wands sold throughout the Wizarding World are the same. Owl Post in Hogsmeade and Ollivanders in Diagon are the only ones that will sell the "exclusive" wands, aka the wands that are not tied to a HP character.

trr1 likes this.
  3. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

To add a little more to what @Eckert said.

The wands tied to the popular characters are available in several locations (carts in the lands, large store at the entrance to each park, Universal Store in CityWalk). But there are 13 wands based on the Celtic calender available at The Owl Post and Ollivander's. They are there on the shelves and you can just pick one, but it is more fun to talk to a shop keeper and have them match the wand to your birthday.

[​IMG]

Skold likes this.
  4. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Those Olivanders Celtic wands are also available on the Universal Orlando site. I kinda wish they sold the ones that you're matched with on Pottermore...

-Rob

5. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

When my sister was "chosen" by a wand it was the same alder/deatheater wand you can buy in the store.

Yes, she bought it.

6. sublimesting

sublimesting Well-Known Member

There are so many cool wands I can't make a decision and end up buying nothing.

7. HauntedMansionFLA

HauntedMansionFLA Well-Known Member

Can you do just Potter world in one day?

8. JillC LI

JillC LI Well-Known Member

Depends on the day, on whether you have an EP, on whether you attend early park hours, and how much of Harry Potter Land you want to see (rides only or stores too).

9. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

Oh definitely.
    Especially now that the dragons have been slain.

It would be a shame, though, to pay for a hopper pass and miss out on some of the non-potter stuff like Spiderman, Men in Black, or Mummy.

lilclerk likes this.
  10. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

Depends how big of a fan you are. For the average theme park goer who isn't extremely attached to the franchise, it will only take a few hours to see and do everything. Each land only has one major attraction at the moment, with the train shared between them.

HauntedMansionFLA likes this.
  11. Nj4mwc

Nj4mwc Well-Known Member

On sept, nov and dec and may trips I have gotten both parks done in entirety with Time to linger and take in the atmosphere and shops in Potter areas as well as a few beers in Moes(which no trip is complete without IMO). I've used the express pass on two occasions and it greatly helps but if it's a slow day you can do everything

12. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

??? Dragons? Last time I was there we rode dragons 4 times, the only wait was to be in the front seats. Walking up took longer then the actual ride. Nice they have a reenter place. Had.

13. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

Short answer is yes.

Why don't you check out the other rides and attractions? Seems like a waste time to me not to go look around. With a park hopper you could do both Potter areas in half a day. If you go nuts I guess you could some how make that a whole a day but I doubt it.