Question about Figment!!

figmentbaby

Original Poster
Hey everyone...I kno Figgy is comin back yay!! But what about the original imageworks? You know that really cool upstairs part of the imagination pavilion that they closed down? Thanx every1

HeritageBoy

The imageworks wasn't reopened upstairs due to the fire code violations...and safety concerns that the 2nd floor was weakened over the years. I believe that the top floor is empty now... though I'm not sure.

ImaginationHost

Last I heard, from a few Epcot CM's, ImageWorks was being used for offices...what for, I don't know...don't quote me on this but if I recall, this is the case...Any CM's on the boards know details?

:sohappy:
ImaginationHost

Javier&Christie

Originally posted by HeritageBoy
The imageworks wasn't reopened upstairs due to the fire code violations...and safety concerns that the 2nd floor was weakened over the years. I believe that the top floor is empty now... though I'm not sure.

the whole 2nd floor thing being weak sounds kinda weird... i mean, the floor is still up there, and people still walk under it.. I know it won't come back, but I think the fire code thing is a better reason :p

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by ImaginationHost
Last I heard, from a few Epcot CM's, ImageWorks was being used for offices...what for, I don't know...don't quote me on this but if I recall, this is the case...Any CM's on the boards know details?

:sohappy:
ImaginationHost

The CM's are correct they are being used for excecutives offices at Epcot. But the computers and attractions are still up there almost completely intact, which means that with a little updating, it could reopen (but I highly doubt it).

TURKEY

There are some offices up there.

If they were thinking about reopening it, I think that Disney would reopen the same time as JIYI. With JIYI opening this summer, I don't think there would be enough time to redo the upstairs part.

raven

The light tunnel from the old upstairs area is being used in one of the Innoventions buildings. Also some of the classic ones have been moved downstairs for the latest post-ride playground.

figmentbaby

Original Poster
Thanks guys...I'm so sad now because that was one of my favorite areas in epcot...i was really small though so I guess it didn't take a lot to amuse me. :cry:

Fireman7

Does anyone know if the new JII will have a soft opening in the middle of May?? That is when I will be there and am hoping that it might be open. I'd liked to know what all of you think. Thanks everyone!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
the upstairs was used during the millenium celebrations for a nightly special event, the "Millenium Parties."The characters from Toy Story 2 were there, and they had free snacks and music up there

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: upstairs

Originally posted by WDWsmith2001
Hey MKTiggerman, what do you know of the exhibits they had up there? Were they used as entertainment at the "millenium parties"?

I don't recall.. last time I did one was in Feb 2000. Sorry man..

DisneyWorld30th

New details

The playful purple dragon who captured millions of hearts at Walt Disney World Resort returns to Epcot in June to once again demonstrate the power of imagination.
Journey Into Imagination with Figment invites guests to an open house at the Imagination Institute led by Dr. Nigel Channing, who plans to show how the five senses can influence a person’s imagination.
Future World guests traveling through the colorful, energetic attraction stop for Dr. Channing’s demonstrations in laboratories to discover how the human senses are being studied to help “capture and control” the imagination. The stops are interrupted, however, by the free-thinking Figment, a mischievous dragon who tries to show the ever-practical Dr. Channing and his guests that the imagination works best, not when it’s controlled, but rather, when it’s set free.

Guests will encounter stimulating experiences:

In the sight laboratory, Figment has fun with a vision chart to prove that there is more to the imagination than meets the eye!
Sniff, sniff – What’s that aroma in the smell laboratory?
In the sound laboratory, guests enjoy a symphony of delightful melodies as Figment shows how thoughts can appear by way of the ear.
The fun continues when guests are invited into Figment’s house, which is upside-down to show how imagination can really come “home” when you look at things from a new perspective. By the end, his impish antics convince Dr. Channing how much fun a free imagination can be.
“The return of Figment adds another level of excitement to this re-energized attraction,” said David Mumford, show designer for Walt Disney Imagineering. “Journey Into Imagination with Figment is bright and fun and should appeal to guests of all ages.”

The revamped attraction also heralds the return of “One Little Spark,” an uplifting song written by legendary Disney composers Richard M. and Robert B. Sherman for the attraction’s original opening in March 1983. Comic actor Eric Idle also returns as Dr. Nigel Channing, a role he originated in the adjacent “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience” 3-D attraction at Epcot.

Journey Into Imagination with Figment is part of the Imagination! pavilion presented by Kodak at Epcot.

General Grizz

:(

Channing.

Institute.

Upside-Down House.

Smelling (HELLO! FOOD ROCKS HERE! LAME!)

Thoughts by ear. (THAT'S CALLED A MIND!)

What-If Labs.

Open-House again.

Sure, Figment's back. That's good. But there's still a lot that needs to be fixed. Sure, I am grading it harshly (it's not even opened yet)...but unless the Institute is WASHED OUT of there, then I will keep getting the creeps...thinking of the old ride. And how much more imagination can be put into a ride about imagination. I need to find my old script...

*sigh*

J.E.Smith

D'oh! Maybe the smelling part won't be so bad...imagine the rich smells of choclate and vanilla as you go through...making you hungry and buying a cookie or a brownie at the Land after you get off the ride!

MGMBoy

Originally posted by J.E.Smith
D'oh! Maybe the smelling part won't be so bad...imagine the rich smells of choclate and vanilla as you go through...making you hungry and buying a cookie or a brownie at the Land after you get off the ride!

Better yet...What about a new home for the Orange scent machine from Horizons? (BTW, I went to DL over Spring Break and in "Soarin' Over California" they have a point where you're blasted with a citrus scent. :D) TTFN.

foxfire

Now there's a thought- at least Horizons could live on in spirit. If they ever post any Horizons stuff on their eBay site I'm breaking out the credit card =)

Hopefully there will be a soft opening on May 22 b/c I'll be back in WDW then. If not, I'll have to go back and see if they pulled it off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom