question about England in EPCOT

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
I read that Worldshowcase's England Pavillion has a store that sells british toys. That got me thinking. I collect a toy line that happens to be british called Action Man. Do they sell that? I meant to check last time I was there but completly forgot. :brick:

brkgnews

Call WDW merchandise mail order (the number is in my signature). They could probably point you in the correct direction. The switchboard might be able to give you the number to the store itself (isn't the store called "The toy soldier" or something like that?)

barnum42

I did not notice any Action Man toys there - nearest thing would have been the Britans toy soldiers - the small miniatures.

Action man has not been the same since the revamp where he looks like generic GI Joe.

Try ebay.co.uk - lots of stuff there.

JuicyJessie

i can't recall seeing them but i will ask one of my fellow brittish CM's who work in toy soldier, or i'll check when i'm at work tomorrow and will let you know :)

col

Dragonrider1227 said:
I read that Worldshowcase's England Pavillion has a store that sells british toys. That got me thinking. I collect a toy line that happens to be british called Action Man. Do they sell that? I meant to check last time I was there but completly forgot. :brick:

i thought action man was sold all over the world :confused: !

i have seen him sold in the USA in walmart and toys r us or is it called kids r us in the US?

as for the epcot UK pavilion i have seen toys there like lego or something like that and swords but i cant remember action man, sorry.:)

Splangaroo

I work in that toy store a lot... they don't have that toy. They just have things like Thomas and Jelly Cats. The rest is just Peter Pan costumes, Pooh bear, and candy they sell in England.

Number_6

steviej said:
I don't even know of any store in england that sells any toys let alone this action man.

I'm pretty sure it's called "The Toy Soldier." If you were to walk into the Sports Shop and continue along through the connecting stores, it is the last one. It is also where you can get pictures with Winnie the Pooh and his friends.

bassman

i have been to that pavillion many times,(you cant beat the good old taste of ye olde harry ramsdens fish and chips ha ha hoooo *cough*. excuse me i got lost in my imagination thinking i was in olden times:eek::lookaroun:D)

anyway, back to the subject at hand, i haven't seen action man sold at the england pavillion,but you never know.hey it gives you the excuse to go back to WDW.:D

koppite_rob

ebay would be a good start for vintage Action Man ,but Amazon.co.uk & toymaster.co.uk as well as Woolworths, ToysRus, & Toys4me all do the newer stuff.

You shouldn't find Lego at the Toy Soldier.Its not British,its Danish.

The older Action Man was much better.Rubber gripping hands,proper plastic moulding & that fuzzy felt hair.Right I'm off to the loft to find mine now :D

barnum42

koppite_rob said:
The older Action Man was much better.Rubber gripping hands,proper plastic moulding & that fuzzy felt hair.Right I'm off to the loft to find mine now :D
Don't forget the eagle eyes :lookaroun

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Nuts. Thanks everyone.

barnum42 said:
Action man has not been the same since the revamp where he looks like generic GI Joe.
Try ebay.co.uk - lots of stuff there.

Techinclly, he's the england version of GI Joe. The vintage ones were even pretty much the old joes with the box labeled "Action Man." I think the new ones are best imo. Has a GI Joe vs Cobra/ Adventure Team feel that I really enjoy and I have tried Ebay with great success. I've gotten a couple of Dr. X's and vehicles that wern't sold in the US :D

col said:
i thought action man was sold all over the world !

i have seen him sold in the USA in walmart and toys r us or is it called kids r us in the US?

He was briefly brought into the US when 12" toys became popular again around 1999-2000 or so. Didn't last long though. That's when I got into it and became one of the few Action Man geeks in the US

col

Dragonrider1227 said:
He was briefly brought into the US when 12" toys became popular again around 1999-2000 or so. Didn't last long though. That's when I got into it and became one of the few Action Man geeks in the US

thats a shame coz he is sold in nearly every toy shop in the uk (toys R us,argos,index,woolworths) and in most supermarkets -even where i work.:)
i think i saw him being sold in costco and when its xmas there is always action man even when its not sold in that shop throughout the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom