Question about DVC availability for November 2018

hiddenmickey75

Original Poster
Hello,
I was looking at going back down November 15-25. It looks like there only a few DVC resorts with limited days of availability. At this point it looks like 2 days is the most I could stay at my preferred choices, which are Poly, BC, Wilderness, BLT AK. My question is, should I keep checking to see if more days become available in a row or for the entire thing? Does this ever happen or does a DVC member book it and then they can't change their mind? I am also not opposed to splitting my stay into 2 different resorts, I actually prefer it. Just wondering if I should give up hope now and book something else. Guess I started looking to late for Poly and probably should not have promised DD that we could stay there finally. Thank you for any help.

nickys

Premium Member
Firstly, you're looking at DVC's busiest time of year. So your chances are slim, though not impossible. If you want to rent points you need to be planning 11 months ahead, or as close to that as possible, if you want the monorail or Epcot resorts. That applies to any time of year.

But I'm curious. Are you a DVC member? If not, where are you checking availability? Because the only place to check is on the DVC site, which you can only access if you are a member. Availability on the Disney site does not equate to DVC member points availability.

Unless you mean booking direct with Disney, in which case - forget trying to second guess things and just phone and ask.

Availability through DVC points does not equate to availability direct through Disney.

hiddenmickey75

Original Poster
Firstly, you're looking at DVC's busiest time of year. So your chances are slim, though not impossible. If you want to rent points you need to be planning 11 months ahead, or as close to that as possible, if you want the monorail or Epcot resorts. That applies to any time of year.

But I'm curious. Are you a DVC member? If not, where are you checking availability? Because the only place to check is on the DVC site, which you can only access if you are a member. Availability on the Disney site does not equate to DVC member points availability.

Unless you mean booking direct with Disney, in which case - forget trying to second guess things and just phone and ask.

Availability through DVC points does not equate to availability direct through Disney.

Thank you for the responses.
I am not a DVC member. I guess poor planning on my part. I started looking into dates about a month ago not at 11 month. Also I got this link from another site for checking dates, not sure how reliable it is?
https://tools.dvcvacations.com/points-calculator

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you for the responses.
I am not a DVC member. I guess poor planning on my part. I started looking into dates about a month ago not at 11 month. Also I got this link from another site for checking dates, not sure how reliable it is?
https://tools.dvcvacations.com/points-calculator

The fact they update it twice a day suggests they do some kind of scan. But availability changes all the time. It will give you a snapshot, better than nothing.

It's the same as us looking it up though - by the time someone reads the post, it's already out of date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom