Question about Disney Early Morning Magic in Magic Kingdom

Dreaming of Disney World

Original Poster
We'll be going to the Magic Kingdom on Mother's Day this year, when they have the early morning breakfast and access to 7DMT, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh. We won't be paying for that and are planning to arrive when the park opens at 9. I was thinking of heading right over to Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh, since I thought those would be good first rides for my kids, who are 1 and 3, and we could knock them out before the long lines start. However, I'm wondering if they would still be crowded from those who paid for the Early Morning Magic tickets. Is it pointless to go there first? My other idea was to start at Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain (going by myself) while my husband takes the kids to Tom Sawyer Island and the play area by Splash Mountain. I have mid day FP for Splash Mountain and Peter Pan but could change those. I can't decide what the best plan is. So any feedback about the early morning magic crowds and my plans? Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
We'll be going to the Magic Kingdom on Mother's Day this year, when they have the early morning breakfast and access to 7DMT, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh. We won't be paying for that and are planning to arrive when the park opens at 9. I was thinking of heading right over to Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh, since I thought those would be good first rides for my kids, who are 1 and 3, and we could knock them out before the long lines start. However, I'm wondering if they would still be crowded from those who paid for the Early Morning Magic tickets. Is it pointless to go there first? My other idea was to start at Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain (going by myself) while my husband takes the kids to Tom Sawyer Island and the play area by Splash Mountain. I have mid day FP for Splash Mountain and Peter Pan but could change those. I can't decide what the best plan is. So any feedback about the early morning magic crowds and my plans? Thanks!

EMM is a limited offering, around 200 guests. Not enough to affect things. At rope drop, all the EMM people will likely be heading off either to Tomorrowland or Frontierland for a couple of rides before breakfast.

But are you aware the park opens at 8am for a 9am park opening? Everyone is allowed down to the Hub for the opening show (in front of the castle). So you'd need to at MK before 8am to be anywhere near the front of the rush to Fantasyland.

RememberWhen

Also, last I checked (which admittedly was several years ago) Tom Sawyer’s Island didn’t open right away when the park opened. If you decide to go in that direction there’s a very small play area near the Splash Mountain bathrooms under the train station. It should be good for a 1 and 3 year old for a little bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom