Question About Disney Dream Pirate Night/Dinner/BBB

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
Hi everyone! We are booked on our first Disney cruise on the Dream for a 3 night cruise in April. We were just able to book activities and complete on-line check in, and I wanted to make sure what I have booked is doable. On our first full day Nassau/Pirate Night, I booked the Empress package for my daughter in the BBB. She is really into all things POTC, so i figured for $40 why not. The only issue is that the time I booked is from 5:30-6:00. We have main seating dining, which from my research begins at 5:45. I didn't want to book BBB for any earlier, because she would look a hot mess by the time the Pirate Night festivities begin. We aren't slow eater by any means, so it's not like we will put our server in a position of rushing us out. It is okay to arrive at your dinner seating at 6?

Thanks in advance for the help!

jaklgreen

If you could push your BBB appointment back an hour or 2, I would do that. Not only because she will be able to enjoy the "look" a bit longer but also give you plenty of time to get to dinner. People do show up to dinner late and they will never let on that it is a big deal. I am sure you will be fine. But as for my personal experience, my last cruise I was sat with a family of 3 that thought that they could just show up when ever they felt hungry and it messed up everyone else's dinner service. They have a strict time table to follow and when they have to stop and catch up the late people, it puts the rest of the people behind. Every night on my cruise our table(even though I showed up on time and my table mates did not) we were the last table to get any of food. People were done and leaving and our server had not even come around to take dessert orders. Disney cruise line service is top notch and they would never say a word or make it seem like you are putting them out. But from my observations and experience, it does make it harder on the servers.

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
If you could push your BBB appointment back an hour or 2, I would do that. Not only because she will be able to enjoy the "look" a bit longer but also give you plenty of time to get to dinner. People do show up to dinner late and they will never let on that it is a big deal. I am sure you will be fine. But as for my personal experience, my last cruise I was sat with a family of 3 that thought that they could just show up when ever they felt hungry and it messed up everyone else's dinner service. They have a strict time table to follow and when they have to stop and catch up the late people, it puts the rest of the people behind. Every night on my cruise our table(even though I showed up on time and my table mates did not) we were the last table to get any of food. People were done and leaving and our server had not even come around to take dessert orders. Disney cruise line service is top notch and they would never say a word or make it seem like you are putting them out. But from my observations and experience, it does make it harder on the servers.

Thank you for your input! I definitely want everything to flow smooth, for us, servers, and tablemates. Ill try and move it back so we won't feel so rushed!

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
I wasn't able to book an earlier time, but I did change our dining from first seating to second seating. The kid is a night owl and eating later won't be an issue. Plus, im assuming a lot of families with young children will be in first seating, maybe making the shows a little quieter (with less crying)

Club Cooloholic

I was going to say that arriving at 6 would have probably been fine. We had a table of 10 last cruise(on the dream) and there were a few times that we had members showing up at 6:10 with no issues ordering. With so many diners, this stuff is premade, so they are pretty fast getting stuff out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom