Question about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea video

nowsheflies

Original Poster
Hey everyone, first the obligatory apologies if this isn’t posted in the right section.

I’m generally a lurker here but my friend came to me with a bit of a mystery and I thought if anyone had heard of anything this odd it would be the members here. She was reminiscing about the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride and watching videos of it when she read the strangest comment; I’ve attached a screenshot.

I don’t know if the poster is trolling or misremembering but I told my friend I would ask the experts here.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 91CD52BE-0C24-434C-812C-5534D243D12A.jpeg
    91CD52BE-0C24-434C-812C-5534D243D12A.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 233

Goofyernmost

Probably just someone that was "sleeping with the fishes". Well, at least a plastic someone that was sleeping with the plastic fishes.

geekza

Sounds like someone who who didn't see what they thought they did, but have some issues that have prevented them from letting it go.

nowsheflies

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I really think this person was just misremembering about the hand or I guess it’s possible he mistook a loosened prop for a severed hand?

The end part about the cast member who was friends with Donald Duck seemed random and odd too.

Phonedave

Maybe King Louie put it there.

OK, seriously, I am assuming that if they think they saw a severed hand floating by, and could identify it as a real hand, and not a prop, then they saw it outside the show building. Can you imagine trying to hide that from all the other guests. Everybody in queue with nothing better to do than stare at the ride vehicles going around, and nobody sees a severed hand? I'm calling somebody seeing something that looked a like a severed hand, but it was not, but they are still convinced it was.

As for the King Louie reference. There is a thread on here where a poster insists that King Louie was on the Jungle Cruise when it opened. He swears to it. He saw it with his own eyes. Despite no evidence to back up his claim, and despite evidence to the contrary, including sombody posting a copy of the original rife operating manual, he still insisted.

There is also somebody who insisted that on PoTC, the pirate ship used to actually shoot cannonballs of some sort, that would go right past your head and splash into the water. Again, despite massive evidence to the contrary, they still insisted.

I suspect this hand story is in the same vein.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom