Queer Eye

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Alright, so who else has been watching this show and crying? Because I was bingeing a few episodes from Season 2 on Sunday and waterworks were just coming out of my eyes.

A couple thoughts though-

Antoni- I love him (he's gorgeous), but I'd like to see him teach a few more food skills? Like, go over portion sizes and healthy options, don't just teach them how to make one meal or side dish.

Karamo- 'culture' seems to be a loose term for 'hanging out and boosting spirits' for half the episodes.

I can't be the only person who wants the Fab 5 to check in on the people they've helped a year later to see if all of their tips stuck, right? I'm just curious. Also, I read that Season 3 might be filmed in the Cincinnati area, which would be a different set of clientele compared to Georgia (though Southern Ohio can feel more like Kentucky, depending on the area).

Happy Pride Month!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's a good revisit to the franchise. And it's not just 'for the straight guy' any more.

I like that they're not pretending that everything gets done in a day and a half and there isn't a whole crew behind the scenes making stuff happen. Drag Race also dropped that pretense.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
It's a good revisit to the franchise. And it's not just 'for the straight guy' any more.

I like that they're not pretending that everything gets done in a day and a half and there isn't a whole crew behind the scenes making stuff happen. Drag Race also dropped that pretense.
Yeah, especially with everything Bobby usually has to get done (I read one article that called him a ‘perpetual workhorse’, which is pretty accurate).

I think dropping the ‘straight guy’ aspect was a really good move for the show. It really opens the show up for more learning experiences for both the guys and the audience (in the episode with Skylar, Tan ended up learning a lot about the trans community, and so did I).

I typically don’t watch a lot of reality TV, but this show is a joy.

BuddyThomas

This week's cover of Time Out New York:
image.jpeg

Princess Leia

Original Poster
It's a running joke that Antoni can't actually cook lol. He claims that you can't teach a guy that doesn't cook at all to start cooking very involved recipes, which I get, but he could do way more than he does lol. And they def should have changed that for season 2 after all of the jokes. He just seems useless on the show other than being the hot guy. Which he is ha but I would like to see more from him as well.
I think they filmed Season 2 at the same time as Season 1, so here’s hoping for Antoni showing off in Season 3 (wherever they end up filming it)
View attachment 295546
Damn, Antoni :oops: (I know we play on different teams but... damn...)

Even wearing only a bathrobe, Tan looks incredibly distinguished. I love that man.

BuddyThomas

I think they filmed Season 2 at the same time as Season 1, so here’s hoping for Antoni showing off in Season 3 (wherever they end up filming it)

Damn, Antoni :oops: (I know we play on different teams but... damn...)

Even wearing only a bathrobe, Tan looks incredibly distinguished. I love that man.
I guess I didn't know he was so ripped. 😜

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
It's a running joke that Antoni can't actually cook lol. He claims that you can't teach a guy that doesn't cook at all to start cooking very involved recipes, which I get, but he could do way more than he does lol. And they def should have changed that for season 2 after all of the jokes. He just seems useless on the show other than being the hot guy. Which he is ha but I would like to see more from him as well.

Who cares, LOL, he’s so hot he could cook food just by looking at it.

Seriously, ain’t nothing wrong with being the hot guy. I do wish they’d follow up with some instructions (recipes?) for some of the things he does have the guys make. Like that avocado/grapefruit salad he had the cop make. That looked good. And I love how he learned to make Mama Tammye’s macaroni salad. And as if he wasn’t already my favorite, the way he broke down in tears a couple times in that episode just got me.

View attachment 295546

And who’s the shirtless guy? That’s right, Antoni the hot guy.

Followed a close second by Karamo, also hot.

I don’t care if their “skills” are nebulous. They seem like very good people and it sure don’t hurt to look at them. :D

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
A lot of fans on the show care bc he's boring and adds nothing lol.

I will heartily disagree with those people. Antoni is NOT boring. And who wouldn’t like avocado and grapefruit?? That’s something!!

I think the Mona Lisa is boring. Does that stop millions from worshiping? No.

Therefore, I will continue to appreciate Antoni. No matter what anyone says.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I follow them all on Instagram, and Antoni has posted some pictures lately that I can’t post on this forum... so that wasn’t a huge surprise for me lol
This one is G-Rated though:
View attachment 295549

He doesn’t often show them, but Tan has some nice pecs

Are we objectifying much?

Yes we are. I’m totally with you.

Although I follow none of them, I do like looking. :)

Tony the Tigger

@Tony the Tigger have you checked out the show yet?

Yes, he’s not Black Irish like a certain pirate we both “admire” ;), but Antoni floats my boat in similar ways. Maybe cuz I married a nice Italian boy? :D

I’m going to have to be really bored before I switch on Netflix to see the first one. The best thing I can see about Antoni is his name. Other than that, he’s on the scrawny side, and God help him if he is manscaping that chest.

Second to our pirate, and the pic I can’t delete (although the actor is still missing as far as I know)

9F7FB5E9-42C8-4E49-968E-29F71800A0DC.jpeg

Also, Jennifer Aniston’s ex in The Leftovers.

Of course, the originals: Harrison Ford in Indy II, and Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap.

Roll them all together (hmmm...) add 35 years of diabetes, and here’s Brian pretending to work out:

2894669A-832E-4B8D-818E-E00EBFA6770B.jpeg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I’m going to have to be really bored before I switch on Netflix to see the first one. The best thing I can see about Antoni is his name. Other than that, he’s on the scrawny side, and God help him if he is manscaping that chest.

Second to our pirate, and the pic I can’t delete (although the actor is still missing as far as I know)

View attachment 295627

Also, Jennifer Aniston’s ex in The Leftovers.

Of course, the originals: Harrison Ford in Indy II, and Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap.

Roll them all together (hmmm...) add 35 years of diabetes, and here’s Brian pretending to work out:

View attachment 295628

Gotcha. ;)

I've been "accused" of having a thing for skinny guys. :p

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Season 3 is going to start filming in Kansas City on Monday!! Streaming will apparently be in 2019, so I’m assuming seasons 3 & 4 will be filmed together in KC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom