Queen's Staircase

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Has anybody visited the Queen's Staircase in Nassau?

From Wikipedia:

The Queen's Staircase is a walkway of 65 steps (102 feet) in Nassau, the capital city of The Bahamas. It was carved out of solid limestone rock by 600 slaves between 1793 and 1794 to create an escape route from the fort above

This is less than a mile from the cruise port and sounds kind of interesting. Is it worth a quick walk?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went there a few years ago. The walk was very easy and we felt safe walking there and back to the ship. The Queens Staircase itself was okay, it was a nice green space that led to the fort. I included some pictures from the Staircase. The Fort was interesting but small. The view from the fort was nice. Beware though there are "guides" that offer to take you on a tour of the fort and will charge for even giving you one fact about the fort. So just ignore anyone that tries to talk to you at the fort! There also is a small market near the fort, basically a line of vendors but that is easily ignored if you aren't interested. I am glad I visited the area once but I wouldn't go again.
IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3015.JPG
IMG_3016.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Thanks so much for sharing your experience, @ajrwdwgirl . We're doing a back-to-back in April and I think I'll use one of the Nassau days to check this out. Did you happen to also visit the botanical gardens? It looks like they're also pretty close to the ship.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks so much for sharing your experience, @ajrwdwgirl . We're doing a back-to-back in April and I think I'll use one of the Nassau days to check this out. Did you happen to also visit the botanical gardens? It looks like they're also pretty close to the ship.

You're welcome. No I didn't visit the botanical garden, I would be interested in that though. If you go to the garden please share how you liked it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom