quasi-noob/traveling with 9 month old///

jharvey

In may 2010 i took my wife and two young kids to wdw. It was my first trip since 1994 and there first trip. We are going back in september with an additional kid. She will be 9 months when we check in. I have been racking my mind on how to keep the 8 and 5 year old entertained without turning the baby into a terror. I have found this to be a potential hinderance as far as dining goes. I would like advice on the five table service reservations, what to keep what to possibly change. And also advice for my counter service options. I have booked le cellier, coral reef, via napoli, liberty tree, and sci-fi. The last two were favorites from previous visit. Easiest one to back me off of are coral reef and sci-fi. I loved sci fi but would not mind trying something new as far as counter service the only one on my never again list is pecos bill. So, any help would be awesome. As a note i wanted to do biergarten but figured it would be too much for the 9 month old. Thanks

minnielaw

I have not traveled with a small baby, so my advice is not based on experience. However, I would suggest that you may want to take the 9 month old out to the parks in the morning and then one parent return to the hotel after lunch (naptime?) and let the baby nap. The other parent could stay in the park with the older children. Or you may want everyone to come back to the hotel and while the baby naps, the older children swim and explore the resort.

As for the dining suggestions, I would limit my table service meals to kid friendly locations. I would think Le Cellier may be too much for a baby. The tables are close together and the atmosphere is a little "stuffier". Maybe some of the louder restaurants...Via Napoli, Rose & Crown, Whispering Canyon, Ohana.

Good luck and hopefully some members that have traveled with small children will chime in with some advice!

Upvote 0

Mrs.Skellington

I think I would add some kid friendly restaurants. Something like Chef Mickey's or 1900 park. I know my kids enjoy those and as long as your baby naps easily, (our kids can sleep with loud noises no problem) I would let them sleep in the park if you want to see everything. Rider swap is a great option. Your spouse can go on the ride with the older two and you can stay with the baby and then you just swap and you can ride with the kids. It was great for us when our older kids wanted to ride with both parents.

Upvote 0

vjgraham

We went in Oct. 2006 when my boys were 9, 6.5, and 9 1/2 months old. We still had agreat time and my youngest was not a bother at any of the restaurants. The only one we did on your list was Coral Reef though. I agree with not taking the youngest one to Le Cellier, but do agree with trying something like Chef Mickeys. Crystal Palace in MK is another good one for young kids. Have a great time in any case.

Upvote 0

SMS55

I have not traveled with a small baby, so my advice is not based on experience. However, I would suggest that you may want to take the 9 month old out to the parks in the morning and then one parent return to the hotel after lunch (naptime?) and let the baby nap.

I went with a 6 month old a few months back. It won't be an issue. We brought our stroller so she was comfortable and we kept her on her usual schedule. She had her bottle when she was supposed to and she would even fall asleep on her own from being pushed in the stroller as opposed to have to be rocked when she was cranky. We gave her, her blanky and pacifier and that was she needed. It's only an issue because you have to do baby swaps even for the rides she can go on. Just don't schedule meals around her nap times because she may not be able to fall asleep with so many strange people and she'll get fussy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom